Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 16:02

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 30 Nov 2018, 16:57 

Hello everyone

My games are stable with these installations.

My games are :
- Command and Conquer Red Alert 3 - Flawless Widescreen program is very good (install on all pc - Flawless Widescreen, Steam , C&C Online - registration - login)
- Command and Conquer 3 Tiberium Wars - Flawless Widescreen program is very good (install on all pc - Flawless Widescreen, Steam, registration - login)
- Command & Conquer 4 Tiberian Twilight - Support for wide-screen monitors is very good, EA - registration - login

Please create support Flawless Widescreen (FOV) for this games a this monitor. - 49" CHG90 QLED Gaming Monitor 32:9 Super Ultra- wide screen 3840x1080 resolution

- Command and Conquer Red Alert 3 - Uprising - problem FOV large zoom, there is no support in Flawless Widescreen
- Command and Conquer 3 Kane's Wrath - problem FOV large zoom, there is no support in Flawless Widescreen

Please create

Thank you all

Last edited by Luky2100 on 02 Dec 2018, 15:37, edited 8 times in total.

PostPosted: 02 Dec 2018, 10:50 

Hi,

Did you ever solve your issues?

I've just bought a Samsung C34J791 ultrawide curved monitor. and have issues with it too The picture is great for movies and general PC work/browsing etc. But so far in the three games I've tried (Battlefield 3, 4 and Rainbow Six Siege) there is huge edge distortion at the left and right edges. It's so bad that an object at the edges of the screen appear more than twice as wide at the edge than they do at the centre of the screen.

I've watched 21:9 videos of game play on line. Most of the videos show no edge distortion and instead clearly show that using a 21:9 monitor the players have gained better peripheral view. Whereas my monitor is clearly displaying 16:9 and stretching the edges.

No amount of messing with the fov settings have been able to make it any better.

Using Flawless Widescreen hasn't made it any better either.

I'm worried it's an issue with curved screens? Like the programmers think that that is how a flat image should be mapped onto a curved screen? yet that means they've forgotten the act that objects dont appear twice as big out of the corners of our eyes!

I'm currently using a GTX 680 with the HDMI cable that came with the monitor.
In the next couple of days I'll be upgrading to a GTX980 and I'll use a display port cable. This might solve the issue but perhaps not likely seeing as the distortion is in game only.

PostPosted: 03 Dec 2018, 13:10 

waiting for sale steam , i''l try to fix on S-UW

PostPosted: 03 Dec 2018, 18:23 

I will support you. Thank you