Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 04 Jul 2024, 22:35

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: 22 Jun 2007, 22:36 
Insiders
Insiders

There are a few other mods that come up in a search for Image resize under the Mod section of phpbb.com, and probably a few at http://phpbbhacks.com

Would you be willing to try another one?

PostPosted: 23 Jun 2007, 02:43 
Insiders
Insiders

Here are two more quick mods to try:

http://phpbbhacks.com/download/7842 <--- Same as my first link, but coded differently... worth a shot.

http://phpbbhacks.com/download/3957 <--- Resizes to a static max image size specified during install.

PostPosted: 26 Jun 2007, 05:16 
Insiders
Insiders

Is this a no go, or is there just no time to try the other mods for now?

PostPosted: 26 Jun 2007, 07:44 
Editors
Editors

I think Ibrin is again really busy. Give it some time and he'll reply without a doubt. :wink:

PostPosted: 26 Jun 2007, 23:13 
Insiders
Insiders

Those last two I posted are all I've found that seems to be worthwhile (minus a full blown attachment mod.) So once those are tried (and if they don't work for some reason), I'm out of suggestions :)

PostPosted: 30 Jun 2007, 16:38 
Insiders
Insiders

I'm a member of another forum that resizes images automatically. The only glitch is that it says "click to view full size image" and when you do it just takes to the imageshack homepage. Other wise it works pretty good.

heres an example: http://www.geekstogo.com/forum/Unstable-operating-system-t141471.html&st=315

PostPosted: 30 Jun 2007, 18:17 

I'm a member of another forum that resizes images automatically. The only glitch is that it says "click to view full size image" and when you do it just takes to the imageshack homepage. Other wise it works pretty good.

heres an example: http://www.geekstogo.com/forum/Unstable-operating-system-t141471.html&st=315

Thats an IPB Mod though, its different software then what Ibrin uses here (phpBB2) and will not work with phpbb2.

Oh and the reason why it takes you to the imageshack homepage is that the picture is bound to a clickable link, if it wasent then you would be able to view it full size.

PostPosted: 30 Jun 2007, 20:52 
Editors
Editors

You actually click on the text in the black bar to see it full size, rather than the image.
And I'm not sure how useful that mod will be. Yes it will stop the forum from being stretched, but you still download the whole image before it resizes, so for the time it's downloading it still humgofies the page, and you don't save on bandwidth.

Follow me on twitter: @theg00seberry and find me on Steam

PostPosted: 01 Jul 2007, 00:13 

And I'm not sure how useful that mod will be. Yes it will stop the forum from being stretched, but you still download the whole image before it resizes, so for the time it's downloading it still humgofies the page, and you don't save on bandwidth.

I completely agree on this one. I think it is the poster's responsibility to resize images before posting. It would be more effective to just check the size of an embedded image and, if it is greater than the maximum width, alert the poster and return to the post creation page. That way the user is forced to use thumbnails, links, or resize the image(s) before the post can even be completed.

PostPosted: 01 Jul 2007, 02:57 
Insiders
Insiders

The point is to allow our computers to do the menial time consuming tasks so that we don't have to do that every single time. You WANT people to contribute as much as possible, making it a chore to contribute reduces the value that others choose to add to the forum.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next