Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 30 Jun 2024, 22:46

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: 09 Aug 2008, 18:23 

Don't be ashamed, it is quite a long game, especially by todays 'over in an evening' game length average.

PostPosted: 09 Aug 2008, 18:53 

I'm still kind of excited to see about NWN... I've never played it, and if there's a lot of us getting on (server is public btw,) then it's not going to be so bad... There'll be chances to see people and interact. Or I could just set up our own Battle.net gateway and D2 Realms.

PostPosted: 09 Aug 2008, 19:01 

I only have NWN 2. Everything else is an FPS. Sooooo......

UT3 or BF2

PostPosted: 09 Aug 2008, 19:05 

Or I could just set up our own Battle.net gateway and D2 Realms.

The thing is once again, Why play there when you could play on The official Bnet?

PostPosted: 09 Aug 2008, 19:13 

[quote]Or I could just set up our own Battle.net gateway and D2 Realms.

The thing is once again, Why play there when you could play on The official Bnet?

Fine fine... it was just an idea...

PostPosted: 09 Aug 2008, 19:29 
Editors
Editors

Hey, I'll go for some NWN. It is a very long game that I have yet to finish, but I still have a level 10 elf Wizard ready for combat! I would actually prefer NWN over D2. D2 is fun, but NWN has more depth and strategic requirements to its combat. The one 4-hour LAN session I played of NWN with a buddy was a lot of fun.

I think more of you guys need to play SWBF2. It's an underrated multiplayer title, IMO. One of its best design elements is that every base is vulnerable to capture, which means that defense is actually important and sneak-around tactics can payoff big time. Servers can fill teams with a few bots until more humans join, so it's also easier to get a game up and running rather than checking Steam every 10 minutes just to see that no one has joined. All shooters should have this ability.

edit
One more very cool feature--you can switch between 1st and 3rd person at will.

Setting up a server is easy as cake. I can activate mine on my home cable connection if we want to try it.

Besides that, it's STAR WARS! Do I need to publish some of my game videos to convince you?

PostPosted: 09 Aug 2008, 20:07 
Founder
Founder

I could be pursuaded for SWBF2, and add it to your DR list. :-)

http://www.widescreengamingforum.com/wiki/index.php/Star_Wars:_Battlefront_II

We're incomplete on the info. I might be good enough to get Certified, we know it is Native Hor+ with no HUD Stretch.

PostPosted: 09 Aug 2008, 20:14 

Hey, I'll go for some NWN. It is a very long game that I have yet to finish, but I still have a level 10 elf Wizard ready for combat! I would actually prefer NWN over D2. D2 is fun, but NWN has more depth and strategic requirements to its combat. The one 4-hour LAN session I played of NWN with a buddy was a lot of fun.

I think more of you guys need to play SWBF2. It's an underrated multiplayer title, IMO. One of its best design elements is that every base is vulnerable to capture, which means that defense is actually important and sneak-around tactics can payoff big time. Servers can fill teams with a few bots until more humans join, so it's also easier to get a game up and running rather than checking Steam every 10 minutes just to see that no one has joined. All shooters should have this ability.

edit
One more very cool feature--you can switch between 1st and 3rd person at will.

Setting up a server is easy as cake. I can activate mine on my home cable connection if we want to try it.

Besides that, it's STAR WARS! Do I need to publish some of my game videos to convince you?

Dood, I remember SWBF2... Me and my friends played lan parties with it from disc images... Didn't know you could host a dedicated server for it. (Or just don't remember.) Again though, that's a FPS, we've already got a server for that (TF2), we're looking for something else.

PostPosted: 09 Aug 2008, 20:56 

I was mostly kidding about the HL2DM COOP But HL2 DM could be cool, is there an EVE online private server possible? I'll go look.

PostPosted: 09 Aug 2008, 21:08 

I was mostly kidding about the HL2DM COOP But HL2 DM could be cool, is there an EVE online private server possible? I'll go look.

Actually my friend has the software to emulate EVE Online servers, but he said it's a hassle to manage, and it DOES require multiple servers. One for a database and connection manager, and a couple more for region servers. I do have a bunch of regular desktop computers lying around that could be used as region servers, and a rackmount machine with a RAID5 I could use as database/connection manager.

However, EVE is a little too far spread out... It really is a whole universe... It'll be difficult to locate anyone to do anything with unless we launch a marketing campaign for the server and draw the attention of CCP and their lawyers.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next