Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 02 May 2024, 14:06

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Forum too wide!
PostPosted: 03 Nov 2005, 04:49 
Founder
Founder

Okay, so you loaded the site banner into a post. But to what end?

I made the mention three posts ago that I had already once adjusted the top banner and made it about 100 pixels smaller than it had been. I realize that the banner is what is constricting the width of the forum (along with the raffle box).

I know of at least two people that either are, or have, worked to redesign and reduce the size of the banner. If you made the post to point out the "problem," then know that was already understood. What I need is not someone else to identify the problem, but to provide a solution.

PostPosted: 03 Nov 2005, 09:34 
Editors
Editors

I think he was trying to point out the slogan of wider is better?

I think maybe the raffel box should go and see how center justifying the logo would work?

PostPosted: 03 Nov 2005, 14:11 
Founder
Founder

Ah, got it.

PostPosted: 03 Nov 2005, 14:50 
Founder
Founder

Yes I did load it to support the site's "wide view" preferance in a toungue in cheek fashion.

However, & strangely, in teat very same post that I put the banner,

i only see the button &

not the button.

So I cannot edit that post (should I have desired to do so????

I wonder what's up???

PostPosted: 07 Dec 2005, 03:21 

I've noticed that when I click on some posts the screen is wider, and others it fits perfectly. For example, this when I come to this post it fits my screen and I don't have to scroll left or right at all, but there is a post on this section of the forum titled "image gallery ?" when I go to that post, it is too wide. I think it's just little things that have been overlooked that are causing it. because this post follows the same format as the "image gallery ?" one, so maybe it's something like a persons signature being too long or something like that.

PostPosted: 07 Dec 2005, 03:51 
Founder
Founder

I've noticed that when I click on some posts the screen is wider, and others it fits perfectly. For example, this when I come to this post it fits my screen and I don't have to scroll left or right at all, but there is a post on this section of the forum titled "image gallery ?" when I go to that post, it is too wide. I think it's just little things that have been overlooked that are causing it. because this post follows the same format as the "image gallery ?" one, so maybe it's something like a persons signature being too long or something like that.

If you are looking at a forum post when you see a screen stretched it is either because of a picture posted that is too wide, or a long URL. Pictures force the forum tables wide, and long URLs don't wrap. Signatures do wrap.

PostPosted: 11 Dec 2005, 18:14 

Ok, nm. someone mentioned that Firefox will make it work so I downloaded Firefox, and now everything fits in my screen just fine.