Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 07 Jun 2024, 13:00

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 117 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 12  Next
 Post subject: svr wrote:Matrox
PostPosted: 25 Oct 2011, 14:11 

Matrox Triplehead2Go don't support centered HUD. Screen Adjust option can adjust HUD position but it is limited and you can't center it with this tool.

It does however now run in fullscreen. Shouldn't it be impossible to run triplehead dx11 in fullscreen?

In C:Users[USERNAME]DocumentsBattlefield 3settingsPROF_SAVE_profile
change GstRender.FieldOfView [value] for the FOV
and GstRender.ScreenSafeAreaWidth [value] for the HUD position

mine : 110 FOV and 0.33 Safe Area, resolution 5040x1050 with Triplehead2Go

PostPosted: 25 Oct 2011, 14:39 

[quote]Matrox Triplehead2Go don't support centered HUD. Screen Adjust option can adjust HUD position but it is limited and you can't center it with this tool.

It does however now run in fullscreen. Shouldn't it be impossible to run triplehead dx11 in fullscreen?

Thanks for the tip. But it runs pretty poorly on one 580 so I tried 1680x1050 with everything maxed and get avg 60 fps. I might have to go for SLI if I want to use three screens.

PostPosted: 25 Oct 2011, 16:40 

Anyone seen this error?
I get it when I try to launch tripple screen.
I don't get any errors when I launch single screen.

Edit: Now I get it all the time... I cant play BF3 today. What is this?

PostPosted: 25 Oct 2011, 16:46 

Isn't it rather premature to dole out "A" rating to a game that just came out? Certainly, for anyone playing in Surround/Eyefinity, the MP is unplayable at 1080p x 3 because the HUD elements distinguishing friend from foe do not appear.

Post subject: matrices wrote:Isn't it
PostPosted: 25 Oct 2011, 17:01 
Editors
Editors

Thanks for positng Z-FiRE, ive included this information in the game's Detailed Report.

Isn't it rather premature to dole out "A" rating to a game that just came out? Certainly, for anyone playing in Surround/Eyefinity, the MP is unplayable at 1080p x 3 because the HUD elements distinguishing friend from foe do not appear.

I dont think its "premature" to rate a game on release day, and checking the grade calculator ( http://widescreengamingforum.com/grade_calc/ ) i also dont think it deserves a "B" for some HUD elements issues at multi-monitor resolutions only.
Anyay ill send a pm to Ibrin so he can take a look at this, cheers.

PostPosted: 25 Oct 2011, 17:35 
Editors
Editors

There are multiple issues I've seen when using an Nvidia surround setup:

- When using a surround (triple) monitor setup, you cannot pick up the shotgun wedged in the door on the Single player campaign found in the subway.

- Certain lighting effects with surround (triple) monitor setups appears to be stretched and/or much to large for the view. (Looks like you are staring into the sun)

- Using a triple monitor setup with bezel correction (nvidia) results in the HUD being out of alignment. Also the mouse curser is visibly shifted from where it actually clicks on buttons. (You have to be 3-4 inches to the right of the OK button to actually click OK)

- Missing friendly indicators / other indicators stretched

- Micro-studdering

Post subject: peanut wrote:There are
PostPosted: 25 Oct 2011, 17:39 
Editors
Editors

There are multiple issues I've seen when using an Nvidia surround setup:

- When using a surround (triple) monitor setup, you cannot pick up the shotgun wedged in the door on the Single player campaign found in the subway.

Yes you can, crouch first and press R.

PostPosted: 25 Oct 2011, 18:36 

I could pick it up in Matrox Triplehead. Hold reload to pick it up.

PostPosted: 25 Oct 2011, 19:31 

I think what he meant to say is that the prompt won't show up properly (the one that tells you to hold R). Had this happen to me with eyefinity.

Here are my observations with the HUD:
- When running at native res (5760x1080), the HUD is properly centered but I lose the "Hold R to pick up weapon" prompts like the shotgun example.
- When running at non-native res (4800x900), the HUD is no longer centered (UI adjust doesn't do anything to fix it), but the weapon prompts are now displaying properly.

I have a personal issue with something in the game: The "lens flare" 2-D sprites that they use.

They are everywhere. Like holy cow.

The problem in triple wide is that they're STRETCHED so they appear to be oval splotches on the screen that are 3x as wide as they should be. It is VERY distracting and ugly. Is there anyway to replace the 2-D sprite file with one that's 3x as thin so they show up properly? This game LOVES to use a ton of light sources that generate these splotches (especially at night).

Post subject: I can also confirm some
PostPosted: 25 Oct 2011, 19:36 
Insiders
Insiders

I can also confirm some oddities with triple wide.

The HUD elements like the prompts telling you to hold reload to pick up the shotgun in the first mission are not visble in triple wide, neither are the friendly soldier names in MP. Also the waypoint markers and objective markers seem to become mis-aligned in triple wide and don't hover over the correct areas always.

Also the mouse sometimes stops working to click the menus it's like it's not aligned right and your clicks hit the wrong spot.

I can't see this getting an A in this state.. should be a B till the issues are sorted out.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 117 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 12  Next