Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 08 Jul 2024, 19:01

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Assassin's Creed
PostPosted: 26 Nov 2012, 00:08 

Widescreen Grade: A
Multi-monitor Grade: C

Read Full Detailed Report - Assassin's Creed

This is an adventure game in the spirt of the venerable Thief series without all the moral complications. Players combine stealth with exploration to maneuver their character into optimal assassinating position. Timing is the key to successful combat and survival. Cut-scenes have occasional "glitches" that open up special views and keep the player interacting with the game. The PC version has additional missions unseen in the console original.

Post subject: Re: Assassin's Creed
PostPosted: 26 Nov 2012, 00:18 

Natively doesn't seem to work on steam version

3x screens with same info on all screens default
Setting same widescreen res as my desktop sets left and right monitor as black and middle looks as usual. The mouse works vert and a little bit hor but just a couple of cm's in the middle of the screen. Same ingame though there I didn't try the mouse.

Multi Monitor
Doc link to racer_s page doesn't work and AC fov hack doesn't seem to exist on racer_s page though emailed him about that.
Found hack on other site, couldn't enable it as I don't have a numpad on my keyboard so can't confirm it working or not.

PostPosted: 01 Dec 2012, 12:12 

Will try older amd driver and see what happens

PostPosted: 02 Dec 2012, 01:52 

Nope no change with other drivers
Been doing alot of reading seems the hack requires directx9
Would suggest setting multi monitor as broken as most people wont use directx9, feel free to try first though as written earlier I don't have a * key so can only confirm what i've tested and what others has posted :)

EDIT : hrm not sure what widescreen would mean but setting higher vert resolutions give me problems even if it's only on one screen.

PostPosted: 26 Dec 2012, 18:10 

It seems the link to the FOV hack is not working anymore, can someone provide a copy of it by chance?

PostPosted: 26 Dec 2012, 23:19 
Insiders
Insiders

There was a time when these fixes were hosted on the WSGF server, but I think that has gone by the wayside. I don't think it would be good form to directly link the site even if our target file is benign, but gamecopyworld has a link to it. Just google it and it should be right there.

Unfortunately, I think I'm unable to access the download itself because none of the mirrors work for me. Probably because I'm in Korea. If it works for you please upload to a file hosting site so I can grab it too!

PostPosted: 27 Dec 2012, 15:00 

MobsterOO7 wrote:
There was a time when these fixes were hosted on the WSGF server, but I think that has gone by the wayside. I don't think it would be good form to directly link the site even if our target file is benign, but gamecopyworld has a link to it. Just google it and it should be right there.

Unfortunately, I think I'm unable to access the download itself because none of the mirrors work for me. Probably because I'm in Korea. If it works for you please upload to a file hosting site so I can grab it too!

Try this link: http://www.filedropper.com/acfov3

I grabbed it from gamecopyworld and posted it on a file hosting site. The file was uploaded by Racer_S.