Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 03 Jul 2024, 01:00

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 154 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 16  Next
PostPosted: 11 Apr 2017, 19:34 

helifax wrote:
Right guys,
Here is the fix (wrapper + shader) that removes the blackbars in Surround.
Now I haven't tested it on AMD Eyefinity or 21:9. I only run 3D Surround.
But 99% chances are it will work for everyone;) If not, I am sorry :(
Like stated above, I am not sure it will work with any other type of wrapper! You are a bit on your own there!

Download link: http://3dsurroundgaming.com/3DVision/Ma ... d_Only.rar

Let me know if it works for you!
Cheers!

works perfectly for me...

thank you...

PostPosted: 11 Apr 2017, 22:30 
Insiders
Insiders

LuPoNe wrote:
helifax wrote:
Right guys,
Like stated above, I am not sure it will work with any other type of wrapper! You are a bit on your own there!

Cheers!

Given this:

http://imgur.com/bYc0TIb

Am I safe to assume that it works fine? (minor dialogue spoilers with Peebee in that image)

Also "applying" it is easy as pie, just copy the files in ME:A folder, it doesn't overwrite anything, and it just works :D

What would happen if they would patch in the option for DX12? It won't work, right?

That is correct, yes! 3DMigoto is a DX11 only wrapper. For DX12 we would have to "go back" to the FWS approach, which still works but is not perfect:)
Also, if some reason a future patch would change this shader (hash wouldn't match) would be easier to maintain & update than the Assembly code in the EXE which is more likely to change and the signature not to match;)

Always better to have more than one approach to a problem ^_^

Glad it works guys!

Only website to show TRUE 3D Vision Surround Gaming Videos(viewable by anyone) only at
3D Vision Surround Gallery

E-mail and Paypal (for people who wants it): [email protected]

PostPosted: 11 Apr 2017, 23:55 

helifax wrote:
Right guys,

Cheers!

While it works in dialogues, I had to delete everything: during cutscenes (with dialogues) there's a very BAD black flickering.

This happened specifically in a spoilery part I wouldn't want to write here publicly :D

PostPosted: 12 Apr 2017, 00:55 
Insiders
Insiders

LuPoNe wrote:
helifax wrote:
Right guys,

Cheers!

While it works in dialogues, I had to delete everything: during cutscenes (with dialogues) there's a very BAD black flickering.

This happened specifically in a spoilery part I wouldn't want to write here publicly :D

Hmm.. can you post a picture somewhere so I can see what the problem is? So far, I haven't noticed any problems, so I am curious... :)

Only website to show TRUE 3D Vision Surround Gaming Videos(viewable by anyone) only at

PostPosted: 12 Apr 2017, 14:26 

helifax wrote:
LuPoNe wrote:
helifax wrote:
Right guys,

Cheers!

Hmm.. can you post a picture somewhere so I can see what the problem is? So far, I haven't noticed any problems, so I am curious... :)

I'll be home from work in a few hours, thanks to a previous save and autosave I will make you a video (through NVidia ShadowPlay) of the specific event on Voeld where it happened, during the cinematic+dialogue of a mission.

As I deleted the files right after this, I hope setting things as they were and loading the save, would re-create the issue.

PostPosted: 12 Apr 2017, 15:22 

LuPoNe wrote:

I'll be home from work in a few hours, thanks to a previous save and autosave I will make you a video (through NVidia ShadowPlay) of the specific event on Voeld where it happened, during the cinematic+dialogue of a mission.

As I deleted the files right after this, I hope setting things as they were and loading the save, would re-create the issue.

Do you mean the explosions looking like a badly programmed psx emulation shader? (If so, nothing to do with helifax's fix... it just happens on NVIDIA hardware... )

PostPosted: 12 Apr 2017, 19:20 

SpikedSouls wrote:
LuPoNe wrote:

Do you mean the explosions looking like a badly programmed psx emulation shader? (If so, nothing to do with helifax's fix... it just happens on NVIDIA hardware... )

nope, nothing like that, it never happened before, it happened just after applying the fix and on Voeld, going to make the video now, it'll be spoilery

PostPosted: 12 Apr 2017, 19:39 

helifax wrote:
LuPoNe wrote:
helifax wrote:
Right guys,

Cheers!

The video will finish processing on YouTube in the next 2 minutes: https://youtu.be/MTjePEkiKI4 - super spoilery

It's a mission on Voeld, dialogue about it, super spoilery if you've not done it yet (if you've had a good exploration of Voeld you're safe to watch), the issue has been successfully replicated.

PostPosted: 12 Apr 2017, 22:02 
Insiders
Insiders

I watched the video. I see the screen flashing a few times. Other than that I can't see anything wrong there...
I've done the Asari Ark plot (which is where the video is from) and everything looks fine on my end.
What am I looking at exactly?
You can always revert to use FWS if that fix works better:)

PostPosted: 12 Apr 2017, 22:07 

helifax wrote:
I watched the video. I see the screen flashing a few times. Other than that I can't see anything wrong there...
I've done the Asari Ark plot (which is where the video is from) and everything looks fine on my end.
What am I looking at exactly?
You can always revert to use FWS if that fix works better:)

this new fix it the bomb.com!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 154 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 16  Next