Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 23 May 2024, 20:15

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 320 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26 ... 32  Next
PostPosted: 02 Jan 2010, 14:26 

I can't seem to get this game running properly in a 1400x900 resolution.

I've tried the steps here:
http://www.widescreengamingforum.com/wiki/WSGF_Hacks_for_SW:KOTOR#WS_Resolutions

Over and over again, but it still doesn't work. The new resolution doesn't show up in the options in the game (or in the launcher) so I have to manually put it in the kotor.ini, but the screen gets centered too much to the left, and the hud at the bottom aswell as some of the hud at the top dissapears. And ofcourse all of the hud in the right part of the screen, since that's not even visible. It's sort of like it just zooms in on the left part of the screen, since it still looks pretty low-res.
and the FOV is still wrong, so the screen looks compressed.

I've tried that hex-editing thing, but I just ended up breaking my .exe.

Does anyone know what I can do? Or can anyone secretly send me their fixed exe if they use a 1400x900 resolution? I really want to to play this game again.

Edit: Nevermind, I finally managed to make it work using the HEX-method.
I need a pizza..

PostPosted: 03 Jan 2010, 22:46 

Hi i'm having trouble with the steam version also @ 1440x900 @ 60hz.

It took a long time but i finally got it to patch a nocd executable to the '800x600' option, custom setting 1440x900..

It would not patch to '1024x768' setting no matter what i did, and i also had to do it outside the game folder.

Anyway, i went into game, selected the 1440x900resolution and it worked....

Then...my hud is in a tiny box... so i go to yoru wiki thing, grab the files for '1440x900', put them in the 'override' folder, started the game and it makes no differeance.

Tried rapatching the exe multiple times, tried re-pasting in the hud hacks multiple times....still always in a square box.

How can i fix this?

PostPosted: 04 Jan 2010, 01:41 

You used the wrong file, I don't know why the one stated in the instructions would not work, there is no reason for it not to.

PostPosted: 04 Jan 2010, 13:43 

So which hud hack works for 1440x900 then?

PostPosted: 04 Jan 2010, 19:24 

From the instructions:

Choose "Star Wars: KOTOR (1024x768 interface)" from the Game dropdown menu, regardless of what resolution you want to patch to.

Pretty self explanatory.

KotOR gives people a ton of problems because it is one of our most complicated solutions, but the answers and method are there, you just need to use them. Go slowly through the steps again and pay very close attention to ever step, making sure you follow each exactly.

PostPosted: 04 Jan 2010, 23:11 

Don't be rude man, you can clearly read that i tried it and it would not work.

However i grabbed another crack from a different site and it worked first time.

So a heads up to other steam people, don't use the crack on GCW, it won't work, grab the one from GBW instead.

PostPosted: 04 Jan 2010, 23:17 

Don't be rude man, you can clearly read that i tried it and it would not work.

I wasn't being rude, where was I rude? I was telling you using the wrong format was your problem. If it was the crack preventing you then I am glad you figured it out, though I must say I used the crack from GCW and it worked fine. You might have made some tiny error the first time and redoing it with a new crack just allowed you to correct that unrelated error.

In any event enjoy KotOR in widescreen.

PostPosted: 04 Jan 2010, 23:28 

[quote]Don't be rude man, you can clearly read that i tried it and it would not work.

I wasn't being rude, where was I rude? I was telling you using the wrong format was your problem. If it was the crack preventing you then I am glad you figured it out, though I must say I used the crack from GCW and it worked fine. You might have made some tiny error the first time and redoing it with a new crack just allowed you to correct that unrelated error.

In any event enjoy KotOR in widescreen.

Rude/Patronizing... I stated that i had tried it multtiple times on the GCW crack.... i copied that crack so it was fresh every time i tried.

I know it is self explanatory, its not the explanation that was the problem, it was the problem that i couldnt find another crack anywhere but the broken GCW one.

However i found one....so job done.

PostPosted: 04 Jan 2010, 23:52 

Rude/Patronizing... I stated that i had tried it multtiple times on the GCW crack.... i copied that crack so it was fresh every time i tried.

You never even mentioned GCW or any cracks in your OP, you simply said you could not get the proper res to work so you used 800x600, then you asked how to fix the HUD being wrong. I told you the HUD was wrong because you used 800x600 and that reading the instructions make that clear. I was not trying to be rude, only pointing out that the information you needed was already in the instructions. Sorry if you took offense, but I think you were being a bit sensitive, I know how it can be when you are frustrated trying to solve a game issue.

In any event I would be surprised if the crack was the issue since I used that same one, I don't even know where else to get cracks as I do not use them that often, GCW is the only site I have ever gone to and thus it obviously worked for me. Still, who knows, computer issues like that can be random and nonsensical at times.

Again, enjoy KotOR in widescreen.

PostPosted: 06 Jan 2010, 20:18 

Could anyone help me out, my nvidia card died out so i had to replace a Ati card.
Problem is when i start the game i am able to get window mode but the resolution is 800x600, when i was using the nvidia card all was working fine but i had redo the instruction with the 1.3 exe and uniws plus the ini an still getting 800x600 :(

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 320 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26 ... 32  Next