Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 08 Jul 2024, 14:49

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Risen: Detailed Report
PostPosted: 20 Oct 2009, 03:49 

Those lines are not in the user config by default but you can add them yourself to section:

EnableDrawScale="True"
VirtalHeight="800"
VirtalWidth="3840"
>

I can confirm that this works with 5040x1050 on my PC. The only problem is that the 2D background in the main menu (not in-game) is stretched, and also, when you open up the inventory it's on the right monitor and the quest journal spans across all 3 monitors. The aspect ratio of everything is correct though (text size, pictures, etc.).

Post subject: Risen: Detailed Report
PostPosted: 27 Oct 2009, 01:58 

EDIT - Make sure you keep 768 as the VirtalHeight. If you don't there are alignment problems and the scaling is changed making things bigger or smaller than they are supposed to be.

For the VirtalWidth use (HRes/VRes) * 768. The HRes/VRes is your aspect ratio. I have tested even and odd integers and they all seem to work. These values are used for scaling not resolutions so that sounds about right.

If your value is not an integer (ex. (1920/1200) * 768 = 1228.8 ) just use one decimal value after the point. That should be accurate enough for any resolution.

If you are worried about using an odd or non-integer value just use the closest even integer.

The TH fix works for 16:10 as well.

VirtalWidth="1024"
VirtalHeight="768"
EnableDrawScale="True"
>

VirtalWidth="1365"
VirtalHeight="768"

EnableDrawScale="True"
>

VirtalWidth="1024"
VirtalHeight="768"
EnableDrawScale="True"
>

VirtalWidth="1024"
VirtalHeight="768"
EnableDrawScale="True"
>

VirtalWidth="1228.8"
VirtalHeight="768"

Anything wider than 4:3 seems to use the 16:9 entry. Everything else uses 4:3 aspect ratios. A cookie to anyone who can tell me what the 10:9 aspect ratio is used for before Cranky does.