Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 07 Jul 2024, 06:06

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: 31 Aug 2007, 08:19 

hey.. im using 22 inch 1680x

i want back the 1024x screen and i dont mind the black bars..

i really hate stretch screen.

i can do it through the registry?

PostPosted: 31 Aug 2007, 22:06 

hey.. im using 22 inch 1680x

i want back the 1024x screen and i dont mind the black bars..

i really hate stretch screen.

i can do it through the registry?

The resolution, yeah easy. The black bars, it is a bit difficult, you may search here on the forum for power strip, and someone mentioned that the new drivers (if you have an nvidia videocard) with some fix.

PostPosted: 06 Nov 2007, 02:09 

Hello,

I got a question. I just bought my first Wide screen Display and... wow! :-)
Now I changed the resolution and It works fine.

But is there a possibility to change the range of the MaxCameraHeight like in C&C Generals/Zero Hour?

See this thread.

Cu,
Holger

PostPosted: 06 Nov 2007, 09:32 

Not that i know.

PostPosted: 06 Nov 2007, 17:02 

Mh... think ill write Blizzard a Email to ask them. If I still think, that an enthusiast or a coder got a sollution, the guys from Blizzard should know it too.

But if they share theirs knowledge with me is a different part :twisted:

*edit*
If I could register myself on their HP, it would be easier to get in contact with them.
But I'll keep on working.
Yesterday I thought, even if it is possible to change the camerahight, I dont think they would share the possibility.
Cause it has something of "hardwarecheating". Guys with a huge resolution and a max camheight would just see more then guys with a 17" CRT or whatever.
You see enemies much earlier and stuff like that.
*edit*

PostPosted: 15 Jan 2008, 20:36 

Hmm, is there a way to force this game display in fullscreen instead of widescreen? I have a widescreen monitor and it auto-stretches the image when I start the game. I would much rather play in fullscreen than stretched widescreen (best would be if blizzard released a widescreen patch <3).

So is there any way? Thanks guys :)

Post subject: FOV fix
PostPosted: 01 Feb 2008, 05:50 

Cool shit right here. I was looking for this for years and it was under my nose the whole time. It lets you fix the fov of war3. You can zoom out further so your not cramped rightup close and you don't miss all the action. This is a hack, and you will get banned if you try to play ladder online with it.

Download shadowfrench maphack -

http://securegamers.com/shadowfrench/W3XMapHack12102.exe

open it up and you will see this. I unselect EVERYTHING so that nothing is checked. I don't want to see the map hack i just want the FOV fix.

As you can see nothing except the camara is un-checked. There are 6 spots, and they are the 6 different camara views you have when you scroll your mouse wheel, or use the page up and page down keys. It is automatically set to the warcraft default.

Distace
=====
The distance is how high the camara is. The further back you are the more you can see. For me i like 2500.

AoA
===
The AOA is the angle of the view. Somthing around 280 is looking stright down. I like mine around 295.

Rotation
=====
I just leave this alone, its the horizontal angel.

So just start up the game first, leave it on the load screen, turn on the hack and fix the settings, click the on button, and you are good to go. Enjoy, i know i sure as hell am.

Now all we need is a non-streached wide screen option and we are set.

Before

After

ignore the water marks i had to convert war3 screen shots to jpg and the program left a mark behind :)

PostPosted: 01 Feb 2008, 09:04 
Insiders
Insiders

Still no proper FOV tho.. :cry:

PostPosted: 01 Feb 2008, 16:57 

Great. Do you have a tool for World of Warcraft? I know it's a completely different engine, but I thought I'd take the opportunity.

PostPosted: 01 Feb 2008, 18:14 

Good find Jopon, I'm trying to get the sourcecode for that from shadowfrench, I'll try to make a stand alone version of it.

@Squ1zzy, Agreed its just zoomed out but its far far far better then stretched.

Great. Do you have a tool for World of Warcraft? I know it's a completely different engine, but I thought I'd take the opportunity.

I doubt you will see one, the world of warcraft anti cheat (codenamed Warden) is highly agressive, you wont be seeing any FOV fixer for WoW.

Note that this method will most likely get you banned if you use it in a ladder game, Using it in singleplayer and custom games is fine though.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next