Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 26 Jun 2024, 01:23

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: 18 Sep 2012, 08:57 

My only beef with the game so far is that the FOV slider doesn't also scale weapon models. I find the weapon models to be a bit too large in my taste. I remember Hayden's Flawless Widescreen program helped address this in BL1. Hopefully it can be done in BL2 as well.

PostPosted: 18 Sep 2012, 10:22 
Administrators
Administrators

My only beef with the game so far is that the FOV slider doesn't also scale weapon models. I find the weapon models to be a bit too large in my taste. I remember Hayden's Flawless Widescreen program helped address this in BL1. Hopefully it can be done in BL2 as well.

Given how much effort they've put into the PC version this time, I wouldn't be shocked if enough people went on the forums and complain about it that they wouldn't fix it this time. So I would create a thread on the offical forums and link back here so people can add their voices to it.

"Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality."

Post subject: The weapon size is the
PostPosted: 18 Sep 2012, 10:54 
Insiders
Insiders

The weapon size is the correct size, as-in it's the same as in 16:9, doesn't go Vert-

So if you do believe it's incorrect, then it's incorrect even for single monitor users, in reality it's more of a user preference thing - in borderlands 1 it is vert-

The only problem I see is one of the same problems that arises in Borderlands 1 after it's been fixed (funnily enough) - and that is the shadows shimmering and disappearing (it's caused by high horizontal fov)

Want to keep Flawless Widescreen alive? Donate Here

PostPosted: 18 Sep 2012, 14:04 
Editors
Editors

Sounds like they nearly got it right.

Now, if they could fix the network page so it's not half-missing, and perhaps even go back and have a quick look at the Borderlands 1 code to fix the horrible FOV/triplewide support there, that would be awesome. Since they've fixed it in 2, they must know where to start looking and roughly what to do. ;)

PostPosted: 18 Sep 2012, 17:55 
Insiders
Insiders

Agreed, Paradigm Shifter. It looks to me like they redid all the other menus from scratch but that the network options menu was ported straight from Borderlands 1. Needs a fix, but compared to Borderlands 1, it's already in great shape.

Post subject: Agreed. My heart almost
PostPosted: 18 Sep 2012, 21:00 

Agreed. My heart almost stopped when the camera didn't go all fisheye when I started running lol

PostPosted: 18 Sep 2012, 21:05 

Game looks great in surround. Im quite happy and surprised i've had no probs at launch. The only thing i noticed is a couple menu screens zoomed in a bit but the ui is great. YAY!

PostPosted: 19 Sep 2012, 03:17 
Insiders
Insiders

What I have experienced so far:

I have put these up on the Gearbox forum, but I can confirm that the Network issue happens in the Main Menu as well and isn't limited to Eyefinity; so it seems that any issue that happens on one platform of choice, happens on the other. To say I am peeved right now is understatement. I know it's minor things, but still. NVIDIA certified the game for Surround and at the very least it should be perfect there. If something is certified to work with Eyefinity I wouldn't expect Surround to work 100%, just to be clear. I certainly will not take certifications from NVIDIA as gospel anymore.

EDIT: I edited my Gearbox post with new information, here it is:

EDIT: I did disable my 4th monitor running on my 9600 GT, that had no effect. After sometime I talked to a friend who is running a single 670 GTX in Surround and he is having the same problems at 4800x900; thus it isn't a problem with SLI based Surround series cards. I have tried Borderlands 2 at 5760x1080, 4800x900 and 3840x720 the problems illustrated in my screenshots. I have set the launcher to auto detect for my display setting and it started the game up at 1280x1024; then while in the game I changed the resolution to 5760x1080 and the Network menu was still goofed.

This is not a problem that is limited to one system or configuration, it's a problem with how Surround is implemented in the game and thus it should have never been certified; especially if the basic menus are bugged.

Azza Fusion 4000 Liquid Cooled Full/Mini-ITX Tower - AMD Ryzen 1700x CPU - Tt Water 3.0 Ultimate CPU Cooler - ASUS ROG Crosshair VI Extreme - 2x EVGA GTX 980 in SLI - Geil 16GB - Klipsch 5.1 THX Speakers - Vertex 4 128GB SSD, Sandisk 256GB SSD, Samsung 512GB 850 PRO SSD, WD Black 320GB & Two times Toshiba 5TB (one for Games and the other for Storage) - Logitech G502 - Corsair K65 RGB - Logitech G13 - Win10 Pro 64bit - 2-over-1 Viewsonic VA2448M 24" (2x 1920x1080 Secondary) & Samsung CHG90 Series Curved 49" (3840x1080) - Ergotech Monitor Stand - Shout out to WSGF for the upgrade on my stand!

PostPosted: 19 Sep 2012, 16:18 

Kayden - I see exactly these same issues on a 6970 with 3x 1920x1080 and bezel correction.

The character selection screen is zoomed in as well.
They don't bother me that much, but what really does is the fact that text chat does not show up at all in Eyefinity. This leads to awkward situations where I miss messages in multiplayer games. For now using voice chat w/friends but this sucks with randoms.

PostPosted: 19 Sep 2012, 16:29 

Triple screen certainly is much improved and works out of the box (especially sprinting!), and overall quite happy with the menus etc.

The game is an improvement in just about every way over the first one, and I love the first one.

Just completed the single player "Assassinate the Assassins" missions, LONG mission and very rewarded when I finally completed it at 2am.

Overall, I give the game a 9.5/10.

Core i7-8086K @ 5.0 Ghz | H60 | Nvidia GTX 980 Ti 6GB | Soundblaster Z | Asus Z370-A

16GB DDR4 | Win10 x64 | 3x27" Asus IPS @ 5760x1080 | Samsung 970 1TB NVMe

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next