Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 25 Jun 2024, 07:12

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 320 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 ... 32  Next
PostPosted: 24 Aug 2009, 22:01 

Sorry if there's an answer to this already (I didn't read all 13 pages) but I'm having a trouble with the HUD in 1360 x 768.

I used the supposed HUD fixer and tried inputting 1530 x 864 into the patch as well as making it my resolution, but 1530 x 864 then doesn't appear in the game.

I've posted a full topic on it here http://www.widescreengamingforum.com/node/#comment-

I've never had this much trouble, normal it's just a quick number change in the .ini file, so if anyone's got an answer feel free to explain it like I'm a complete idiot.

My main problem is downscaling from 1530 x 864 to 1360 x 768 so that the text appears in conversations. Whilst this is mentioned nearly every other post I can't actually find any information on how to actually do it.

A walkthrough of the entire process would be nice but I'm guessing no one will do one, and I can't seem to find one in the official tutorials on this site so...

I don't know, any help in any form would be greatly appreciated.

PostPosted: 28 Aug 2009, 20:49 

I am having trouble with my HUD as well.

I was unable for some reason to patch using UniWS, although I was given a patch complete message. The hex edit hack worked for me to get my resolution to 1920x1200, where the game looks great.

The only trouble is that now I have the HUD in the middle of my screen instead of at the bottom where it belongs. I have tried to use the 1920x1200 gui file provided by someone or another, but it isn't working for me. I did unzip it into the Override folder, but there is no change in the HUD location. Any tips?

Oh, also I cannot unpatch using UniWS for some reason.

My system is vista64 with nvidia gtx280 cards.

PostPosted: 29 Aug 2009, 07:56 

Aezed: when you say UniWS isn't working, do you mean the patch buttons are greyed out and you can't actually apply the patch - or that the resolution doesn't work when you start the game? Note that after patching with UniWS you must then choose that resolution in the game's options, it doesn't automatically use it. Alternatively, you can set the resolution after patching by editing the game's .ini file (found in the main install directory). If the patch buttons are greyed out this means that UniWS can't match the hex code in the file - usually the case if the game hasn't been fully patched or you're using a cracked/no-CD exectable.

The edited hud files are found here: http://www.widescreengamingforum.com/wiki/index.php/WSGF_Hacks_for_SW:KOTOR

They rely on the game being patched/hex edited to use the 1024x768 interface regardless of your actual target resolution. If you patched to use a different base interface resolution (Step Two in the hex editing guide) that is why they're not showing up.

However, you should be able to avoid having to completely redoing the hex editing by simply renaming the hud file: mipc210x7.gui. If you hex edited to enable the 1600x1200 base interface then rename this file to mipc216x12.gui, or mipc212x9.gui for the 1280x960/1024 interface.

EthanWoods: I replied in the thread you started.

PostPosted: 06 Sep 2009, 05:49 

Anyone know how to get unwis working with the recently released steam version of the game? Im getting the patch buttons greyed out. I tried hex editing the exe but it just got too confusing for me.

PostPosted: 06 Sep 2009, 06:15 
Insiders
Insiders

Steam exe's are encrypted, since there isn't any disc-based copy protection. You're not going to get far hex editing it.

PostPosted: 06 Sep 2009, 06:29 

Yeah, I got around it by using a modified version of the exe. All good now, enjoying my Steam version of the game! :D

PostPosted: 06 Sep 2009, 13:06 
Insiders
Insiders

You should move your modified game away from Steam and launch it standalone. There's a good chance if you keep it in the Steam directory, Steam will at some point detect that vital files have been messed with, and will re-download the encrypted stuff.

PostPosted: 06 Sep 2009, 20:48 

You should move your modified game away from Steam and launch it standalone. There's a good chance if you keep it in the Steam directory, Steam will at some point detect that vital files have been messed with, and will re-download the encrypted stuff.

Yup.

And as I said in the other thread, we should all note that cracking the exe to launch outside of Steam, which is technically what we have all done, is against Steam's ToS and theoretically they could disable your account for it.

No one here is responsible if that happens to you. Recognize the risks, however minor they may be.

Post subject: 1680 x 945 native?
PostPosted: 13 Sep 2009, 00:11 

Would someone be nice enough to make me a 1680 x 945 HUD fix? I suppose I could just use the 1530 x 864 or try to do it myself, but I have no idea what I am doing.

PostPosted: 13 Sep 2009, 00:43 

Go ahead and try to the 1530x864 files. It might not be that bad.

If they don't look good, here's the post that describes how to edit the hud files yourself. http://www.widescreengamingforum.com/node/8450#comment-164918

You won't need to do all of that though since a lot of the work has already been done as part of the 1680x1050 files. You won't need KOTOR Tool and you can skip steps 1-4. In fact, all you're really going to be doing is step 6.

Start by downloading the 1680x1050 files from the wiki page. You'll then need to open the file mipc210x7.gui in K-GFF. Don't touch the LEFT values for anything, you'll just need to adjust the TOP value for the lower elements.

Go through the file and find anything where the TOP value is greater than 800, and subtract 105 (1050-945) from it. E.g. if the TOP value for something is 940, change it to 835. After you've done that you should be good to go.

Shouldn't take more than an hour or so and you'll have broadened your horizons ;)

Note that this will only fix the hud, editing the menu backgrounds is matter of resizing and recentering them in an image editor, but they don't detract from gameplay nearly as much as the hud.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 320 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 ... 32  Next