Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 04 Oct 2024, 00:21

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: 15 Jan 2008, 01:30 

In the User.ini file where the resolution values are stored the multisampling option can be modified.

I switched in the x8 in the game an dit was listed as 9 in the ini file. After loading in a widescreen res and exiting the value was still 9.

Perhaps the game is using the multisampling but not showing it in the menu. You would need to compare screenshots to see if their is any difference.

You could also just create an application profile for the game in the advanced display properties.

PostPosted: 15 Jan 2008, 01:43 

In the User.ini file where the resolution values are stored the multisampling option can be modified.

I switched in the x8 in the game an dit was listed as 9 in the ini file. After loading in a widescreen res and exiting the value was still 9.

Perhaps the game is using the multisampling but not showing it in the menu. You would need to compare screenshots to see if their is any difference.

You could also just create an application profile for the game in the advanced display properties.

Found it. I changed it from 5 to 9.

edit: It Didn't work. It's still jiggering...

edit 2: I will try the Nvidia CP. (It's not working) It only works when I play on 1280x1024 and see multisampling 8x in the ingame settings.

But I rather play on 1680x1050 without AA than on 1280x1024 with AA 8x.

The game is probably too old. It's still fun though :)

PostPosted: 17 Feb 2008, 00:10 

You included in the image what to change the "Intro" video in the RAD video tools to (0x0, 40x400). What should the endgame videos be changed to?

EDIT: Also, this seems to disable antialiasing, and AA can't be forced on in the control panel (for nVidia, at least).

PostPosted: 01 Apr 2008, 04:45 

Could someone list the proper values to use for all steps? My monitor supports some of the other resolutions as well, but when I use them following this guide and then start the game, all I get is Resolution Not Supported in a floating box on a black screen, even though the game loads and I can hear sounds and whatnot if I wiggle the mouse.

It's odd, if I alt-tab back out of the game, the desktop and things display properly. It's just in-game I get the resolution errors.

Also, the final two pictures for the guide are missing.

My native resolution is 1680x1050@60hz (I guess this is 16:10 aspect ratio).

PostPosted: 06 Apr 2008, 09:57 

Hi, and thanks for this guide.

I would like to add that I discovered (hope this hasn't been mentioned already) that to make the User Interface in the game have the correct aspect, you should also change these lines in the default.ini file (found in the game's /system folder):

AssumedUIScreenWidth__d=1440
AssumedUIScreenHeight__d=900

Of course insert your own widescreen resolution in the above example, I'm using 1440x900. This will also make all text appear in the higher resolution, i.e. smaller/prettier lettering.

Widescreen works perfectly for me in this game now, albeit with two caveats:

1) I have to reenter my resolution in the user.ini before I run the game, as the game resets the resolution back to 1024x768 every time I have played it. Loading a saved game doesn't set the correct resolution either. Making the user.ini read-only doesn't help either. Anyone found a fix for this?

2) Widescreen resolution and multisampling are mutually exclusive for me. I can run the game with 6xmultisampling, but only if I run one of the default resolution (e.g. 640x480, 800x600 or 1024x768), but as soon as I run with my widescreen res of 1440x900, multisampling is disabled by the game. This happens whether I set multisampling in-game or force it through the drivers.

my specs:
game patched to version 1.2 (American version)
Windows XP Home SP 2
Athlon 64 3200+
1024 MB ram
Radeon 1650 Pro 512 MB

PostPosted: 13 Jul 2008, 22:41 

Setting "MultiSampling=6" in user.ini activated AA 6x (wherein 2 should equal 2x, 4 4x and so on). Odd values like 5 and 9 do not seem to have any effect.
Also, in my (german) version the videos to recompress are those from the video folder including "..._germ_none_30.bik".
Off-topic: while not having any sounds apart from the intro sequence, re-installing soundcard driver (X-FI) and most recent DirectX (June) did fix this.

PostPosted: 23 Nov 2008, 15:25 

Hi, and thanks for this guide.
1) I have to reenter my resolution in the user.ini before I run the game, as the game resets the resolution back to 1024x768 every time I have played it. Loading a saved game doesn't set the correct resolution either. Making the user.ini read-only doesn't help either. Anyone found a fix for this?

2) Widescreen resolution and multisampling are mutually exclusive for me. I can run the game with 6xmultisampling, but only if I run one of the default resolution (e.g. 640x480, 800x600 or 1024x768), but as soon as I run with my widescreen res of 1440x900, multisampling is disabled by the game. This happens whether I set multisampling in-game or force it through the drivers.

1) i had the same problem just after installing, but as soon is i saved a game, my values of 1680*1050 were saved in the user.ini

2) the same occured with me, but i can force it trough the drivers (nvidia) by selecting dx2.exe and dxmain.exe ... the values are "override" and "8x"

i don't know if it's important, but i have also changed the default.ini with:

AssumedUIScreenWidth__d=1680
AssumedUIScreenHeight__d=1050

[VideoOptionsDefaultHigh]
MultiSampling=8

[VideoOptionsDefaultMedium]
MultiSampling=8

[VideoOptionsDefaultLow]
MultiSampling=8

grtz

PostPosted: 27 May 2009, 23:48 

Hi.
I have the Steam version of the game and I just can't find "default.ini" :/
Does anyone know where it is?
I REALLY need help! T_T

PostPosted: 28 May 2009, 12:05 

Anyone?
I have even searched my entire HDD :/

Edit:
Nevermind. I found the file! :D

PostPosted: 19 Jul 2009, 05:41 

This is not working at all for me. I've followed the instructions step for step, but the game defaults to 640x480 no matter what I do. I've tried reinstalling, I've tried changing both the resolution in Default.ini and User.ini, I've tried changing the windowed resolution. The only part of of this that works is the FOV hack.

The resolution I'm trying to use is 1360x768.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next