Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 21 Aug 2024, 00:55

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: 17 Aug 2008, 01:21 
Insiders
Insiders

I found it kind of repetitive and dull on the PS3. The game gives you a huge variety of ways to kick ass, but gameplaywise there's little reason to use most of them other than to increase your score and to reduce the monotony that would otherwise set in on a game about fighting hordes of identical monsters that lack intelligent fighting tactics and fight according to predictable and unchanging patterns.

Ninja Gaiden Black/Sigma is way better IMO. While you don't have quite as many moves, you still have a good number, and it's pretty much required that you master every single one of them and know when to use them, because the enemies have almost as many abilities as you do, and fight using smart and varied tactics.

PostPosted: 17 Aug 2008, 04:24 
Insiders
Insiders

Ninja Gaiden is better than DMC? I guess I'll be looking for those games next. BTW I wasn't really thinking when I posted last, I was really only looking at the fact that I didn't have a grade in the first post.

PostPosted: 23 May 2009, 01:09 

Don't know if anyone is still around, but I need a bit of help here. I previously had a 5:4 monitor (19 inch non-wide standard) but now I got myself a new 22 inch wide monitor, however the res in the game is stuck at a maximum of 1280x1024 (the max res of my old monitor) so any ideas how to get it to see 1680x1050 and other widescreen resolutions?

PostPosted: 23 May 2009, 05:35 
Insiders
Insiders

I looked around for a few minutes for a CFG that you could edit but I didn't see one. Worst case scenario is that you have to reinstall the game. This isn't that bad since your save file is in your My Documents folder. Just make sure you don't nuke that file during the uninstall and things should be fine.

PostPosted: 23 May 2009, 12:02 
Insiders
Insiders

If you ahvent; already reinstalled, your config file is in Documents and Settings*user*Local SettingsApplication DataCAPCOMDEVILMAYCRY4

config.ini has a "Resolution" entry.

On a side-note, i jsut tried to install DMC4 again and i get an error stating the installer cun't open data11.cab, yet i can open it with Winrar just fine. Annoying.

PostPosted: 23 May 2009, 14:13 

Yeah I did not really want to reinstall. Thanks for pointing out there's a config file Abram, I had looked yesterday already but could not find anything, but of course I have Vista which likes hiding files in all sorts of folders. So I had just assumed there was no config file. After you mentioned there was one though I looked again and finally found it.

In Vista it's at "User"/AppData (hidden folder)/Local/CAPCOM/DEVILMAYCRY4 incase anyone else has this problem or any of your upgrade to Vista and need access to the config file.

Switched the res in the config file to 1680x1050 and it did the trick, thanks for the help guys :)

PostPosted: 23 May 2009, 15:15 
Editors
Editors

Ninja Gaiden is better than DMC? I guess I'll be looking for those games next. BTW I wasn't really thinking when I posted last, I was really only looking at the fact that I didn't have a grade in the first post.

Eh, I wasn't all that impressed by Ninja Gaiden Sigma. Although I hated DMC4 on the PS3. There was just something about Nero that rubbed me the wrong way.

Oddly, I picked up DMC4 on the PC a while ago (it was cheap and I was bored) and for some strange reason, I didn't find the PC version anywhere near as annoying as the PS3 one...

PostPosted: 09 Oct 2009, 05:50 

There is stretching or something going on when you beat a level and the bullet-effect is on screen. You can actually see the change occur. I will try and get a shot but levels end at odd times.

PostPosted: 09 Oct 2009, 16:01 
Insiders
Insiders

Yeah I know what you're talking about, if you don't feel like it I'll put in a screeshot of it if cranky or somebody else feels it would affect the grade.

PostPosted: 09 Oct 2009, 17:47 
Insiders
Insiders

I'd like to see it, but I'd also like to know if you think it's worth judging as a blemish.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next