Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 04 Jul 2024, 19:07

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Torchlight
PostPosted: 23 Nov 2009, 21:54 

I can't think of any examples of games with only "negligible" faults that are still certified. I always record those games as being flawless - it just hasn't been common enough to justify expanding the schema to accommodate negligible faults on the record.

If Left 4 Dead 2 gets certified with its minor/negligible flaws, then so should this one, imho. (Yes I know L4D2 does not stretch anything, but proportions are not the same in each aspect, thus it has a very minor issue.)

Post subject: Re: Torchlight
PostPosted: 27 Dec 2009, 07:50 

Gonna play this in a bit or tomorrow, but if it's just the area name upon entrance like in Diablo, no big deal. I'd say to leave it certified. And yeah, if it bothers anyone enough, you might be able to ask them for a small fix. :oops:

PostPosted: 27 Dec 2009, 15:08 
Insiders
Insiders

I tried to center the side-HUD elements to the center screen but because of the way they shift the display as they slide into view, anything to the other side of the HUD elements is not rendered. In short, if I center the HUD, the game is not rendered on the two side screens. Oh well, it's not too bad since you don't have to drag and drop items between the panels, you can simply shift-click to move them over.

Edit:
The way I tried to center it was via memory editing. You may be able to mess with the files within the game directory to center the HUD. I may or may not look at that later.

There's a lot of files within the zip in the game directory related to the interface. They're mostly just XML files for the interface. I don't quite understand the values at a quick glance, but I'll mess with it when I have some time.

Widescreen Fixer Twitter - https://twitter.com/widescreenfixer
Personal Twitter - https://twitter.com/davidrudie

PostPosted: 05 Mar 2010, 08:00 

I got the Steam download in December. Especially when I realized that it was made by most of the same people who developed Fate for WildGames. I also found out that former Blizzard employees who worked on Diablo II also help to develop this, so no wonder it is close to the way Diablo plays.

It runs smoothly on my setup, although I do admit that I have a pretty decent card running on this setup. 8)