Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 02 Oct 2024, 17:47

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 117 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 12  Next
PostPosted: 27 Oct 2011, 02:23 
I Donated
I Donated

[quote]So I'm guessing not a single person is having these rather large periods of "lag spikes" or stutters? This is the only game that seems to do this for me.

Not to mention that the game actually stops lagging completely for a couple of moments, then goes back to it.
How much vram do you have?

I've got 1.5GB in both GTX 570's.

Sorry to second guess, but wouldn't VRAM simply limit my Frames Per Second, as opposed to create lag spikes? (It's not stuttering, it's large periods of lag.) Also, I can run even Crysis 1 and 2 on max without any problems at all - no lag what so ever.

I believe it's the latest drivers, but I just wanted to see if anyone over here is having driver issues.

PostPosted: 27 Oct 2011, 07:14 

I'm running 2 x 570's and 3 x Alienware AW2310's in NVS (Portrait).

The Beta was fine... but the full game - I just get a black screen then it loads in and I see the background of the game (with things happening/moving, etc) and if I alt-tab then the menu's show up.

Until then, nothing....

If I go to single screen - works.
Single-player - works.
Beta - worked.

Full game MP - have to play in a window, or I can't see anything on the screen.

Help!

PostPosted: 27 Oct 2011, 23:37 

Same problems here. In my case, running on a GTX 590 and 3 1920x1080 monitors.

The main and the biggest problem out there is the enemy / friends overhead tags missing in the multiplayer. It makes totally unplayable bacause you don't know who is enemy or who is in your team. But at this point I'm totally refusing to play this game on a single monitor. I'm very used now to play all of my games over 3 monitors and it's weird and ugly for me to play videogames on a single monitor (call me weird :P).

For now, the only solution i found to play on 3 screens and the players overhead tags correctly showed is to play the game in windowed mode. The inconvenient of it is that i have to play at the lowest settings to get a decent fps to play. But well... while i'm waiting for a patch i'll keep playing this way. I prefer to playing in 3 monitors at lowest detail than playing on a single monitor to a ultra detail.

The major second problem i've found (in full screen) is that in my case the game is like stucked at Windows 7 current resolution (in my case 5900x1080), i mean, if i have the Windows setted to 5900x1080 the game can only be setted at 5900x1080 don't allowing to me to set at 5760x1080. But if i set the the Windows resolution to 5760x1080 the game will run at that resolution dont allowing to me to play at 5900x1080. I can choose the resolutionn in the game but when i press apply button, or the game end with an error or nothin ocurrs.

The third major second problem i have, is that if i change some video settings the game crash and throw me a Directx related large message (can't post it now). Sometimes if i want to deactivate antialiasing the error is shown (others dont'), or sometimes occur when i want to change the resolution (others dont'), or activatig or desactivating post-antialiasing etc , etc ....
At this point, i've noticed that the best place for change video settings with less possibilities to get that error is in single player mode, in main screen while the game engine is not yet running. With patience and starting the game over and over, i can finally set my desired settings, but it's very anoying situation.

Hope that Dice release a patch soon that fix our widescreen errors and bugs.

See you :)

PostPosted: 28 Oct 2011, 02:04 

Another fun fact: once you play 1080p and switch back to 1080p x 3 to try to load it up again, your side monitors go blank. All you can see is center monitor. You can go to windowed mode, but if you try to actually click inside the window to adjust the resolution options, it just brings you back to fullscreen.

And of course the files are no longer ini files so you can't manually adjust resolution, at least not yet.

Playing on a single 23" isn't the end of the world but it kind of sucks to have two unused monitors for no good reason.

Post subject: K, same issues:?the lens
PostPosted: 28 Oct 2011, 02:21 

K, same issues:?
the lens flare is totaly blinding when in surround.
no player icons.
fps drops even when on low settings and gpu/cpu is less then 50% load when in surround and i have plenty of vram.
And of course the stupid, silly, unbelivable , negative mouse acceleration( what the hell were they thinking)

So currently playing on single monitor and its perfect,(apart from mouse accel) hopefully they will fix it soon

3 x 42 inch screens @5860x1080
16 gigs xmp ram @2200

Post subject: My probs
PostPosted: 28 Oct 2011, 05:06 

Hey guys,

3 x 580 3GB
3 x 24 inch ASUS 5760x1080

So, in addition to the other problems, I have a weird one. I cannot get surround to run on ALL three monitors. It runs on TWO. When I ALT TAB, it continues to black out the third screen. I am not sure if this is a TRI SLI/Surround problem, but I cannot play at all right now unless using a single monitor as set up on desktop. It's quite messed up.

It is certainly not a card issue. BFBC2 runs beautifully as does all my other games.

Guess I will have to wait for a patch.

Post subject: Johnny Utah wrote:Hey
PostPosted: 28 Oct 2011, 10:49 
Editors
Editors

Hey guys,

Hey Johny, its not a tri SLI / Surround issue, as im running here 3 x GTX 480 at 5040x1050 and its fine, try to delete PROF_SAVE_profile file (backup first) inside this folder - C:Users...DocumentsBattlefield 3settings, launch game and see how it goes.

Post subject: There a guy over on this
PostPosted: 28 Oct 2011, 11:41 

There a guy over on this thread...

http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/battlefield-3-pc/1444436-hud-not-scaling-correctly-eyefinity-2.html

saying in post #35, and I quote...

Rather silly (but works!) fix:

Dont run the game in full screen mode. Switch out of full screen, then you can resize the game window by dragging it just like any normal program window. You can drag it to be basically like full screen, but since its in a window, it appears to look proper.

You lose some FPS and performance by running in window, but *shrug* seems to be OK for now..

It's with regard to the HUD markers.

I haven't tried it yet as it was late last night/early this morning when I came across it, so I can't confirm it.

It's a pretty gruesome workaround but it might be all we can do till there's a fix or a patch.

Just thought I'd pass it on. If someone could give me some feedback on it, it would be nice because I'm stuck at work here for another 8 hours :(

PostPosted: 28 Oct 2011, 13:09 

I've found a better solution for playing at 3 monitors and the player overhead tags active. Instead of playing at windowed mode (wich it works) i've found that is much better to play in full screen but setting the resolution to 3840x720 . In that resolution the player tags are shown correctly. I know, is a bit low resolution, but it works. In the other hand, you can set the video performance to ultra and so and the game will look better than playing on windowed mode and all the settings to low. (at least in my case (GTX 590) )

The resolution 3840x720 has the same aspect ratio of the 5760x1080 but at lower resolution, so the enviroment is not deformed or something.

Playing this mode will be the best solution while we wait for a patch ;)

PostPosted: 28 Oct 2011, 13:19 

Yes, window mode works. BUT, you will lose nearly 50% performance. I dropped from 60 to 30 FPS while in window mode and you have to drastically decrease graphics settings to make it not stutter all the time. AND, it doesnt change the stretched light effects. So for me its complete unplayable in that state and went back to single monitor.

I would think over the Grade "A" as well. The Beta was, the release not anymore.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 117 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 12  Next