Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 23 May 2024, 10:18

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: FINAL FANTASY VII
PostPosted: 09 Sep 2006, 20:59 

[quote]damn.. the great escape is further "away" then i thought

somehow FFVII keeps crashing as soon as i walk out of the 60th floor elevator in the shinra building :? :(

Do you have compatibility mode set to Windows 98 in the properties of the FF7.exe? If that's not working, try Windows 95 Mode. As I recall, I had to keep messing with that compatibility mode setting every once in a while to get through a certain spot in the game.

Unfortunately, the game just isn't completely 100% stable on an NTFS Partition, not to mention the game was poorly ported to PC to begin with...

i tried all compatibility modes, but no luck :(
the game keeps crashing as soon as i get out of the elevator (getting irritating too, nearest save point is on the first floor so have to do the whole thing over and over again)
i even tried running FFVII in a microsoft virtual machine, but then it wont even start :?

PostPosted: 11 Sep 2006, 21:07 

I finally had a chance to try the patches out. Worked great until it came out of the first FMV... i could hear everything but the screen was blank! Ah well, i guess ill have to play it on my Voodoo 1 machine or PS :).

PostPosted: 11 Sep 2006, 22:13 

we should travel back in time a couple years and give them a kick in the butt and demand they make a decent PC version of FFVII and FFVIII ;)

PostPosted: 12 Sep 2006, 00:34 

Mismatch, you could send me your saved game file and let me try to get through the elevator for you, then I'll quickly save afterwards (can't remember if there is a save point close by after you get off the elevators) send you the updated saved game file and you should then be able to continue on.

In past times when playing this game on the PC, I haven't had a problem with crashing on the elevators so here's hoping I could get you through that part...

If you'd like, that is. :)

PostPosted: 12 Sep 2006, 00:53 

Hey Paradigm Shifter, were the steps that I wrote out for you helpful? Or are you still having issues running the game?

PostPosted: 12 Sep 2006, 11:14 
Editors
Editors

Hey Paradigm Shifter, were the steps that I wrote out for you helpful? Or are you still having issues running the game?

Nope, it still doesn't want to know. I think I'm gonna try it on Vista RC1 at the weekend...

PostPosted: 13 Sep 2006, 19:39 

Mismatch, you could send me your saved game file and let me try to get through the elevator for you, then I'll quickly save afterwards (can't remember if there is a save point close by after you get off the elevators) send you the updated saved game file and you should then be able to continue on.

In past times when playing this game on the PC, I haven't had a problem with crashing on the elevators so here's hoping I could get you through that part...

If you'd like, that is. :)

thanks for the offer, but it's too late.
i got annoyed after the 666th time FFVII crashed and uninstalled the game including all save games.

PostPosted: 13 Sep 2006, 23:26 

would also love to play this again, as only ever played it on PS1. Never did complete it, always died on teh last battle. I think i was too eager to get to the end of the game and did not build my character up enough :) remember being on teh sick alot from work at the time this game was out :) many a 6am gaming session, very rare for me