Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 02 Jul 2024, 15:41

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 04 Mar 2011, 00:25 
Editors
Editors

A couple nice tweaks... Create a shortcut and add these parameters :

+cl_fov=90 +pl_movement.power_sprint_targetFov=90 +r_MotionBlur=0 +g_skipIntro=1 +r_glow=0

-Default FOV seems to be 60, higher values will act like a zoom out (Hor+/Vert+).
-Motion blur & glow off should help the game look like a proper PC product :P

Those tweaks helped a LOT. I absolutely hate motion blur. The game still feels like I'm playing it on a console though. That slight sluggishness, that blurry look, lobbies. Bit disappointing.

Follow me on twitter: @theg00seberry and find me on Steam

PostPosted: 04 Mar 2011, 12:54 

A couple nice tweaks... Create a shortcut and add these parameters :

+cl_fov=90 +pl_movement.power_sprint_targetFov=90 +r_MotionBlur=0 +g_skipIntro=1 +r_glow=0

-Default FOV seems to be 60, higher values will act like a zoom out (Hor+/Vert+).

Screenshots (found here with the rest):

How exactly do we add those parameters? XP here.

PostPosted: 04 Mar 2011, 16:16 

Create a shortcut to Crysis2Demo.exe, right-click on the shortcut, select Properties, select the Target entry in the shortcut tab, and add all the entries after the executable. Make sure they are added AFTER the quotation mark. You can just copy-paste them from the post. If you have the Steam version right-click on the game in library view, select Properties, and select "Set Launch Options." You simply need to add the parameters here.

PostPosted: 04 Mar 2011, 19:26 
Insiders
Insiders

You could also use notepad and paste something like this into it to make a bat file to run the game.

Code:
@echo off
   cd C:Program Files (x86)Electronic ArtsCrytekCrysis 2 Demobin32
   start Crysis2Demo.exe +cl_crouchToggle=1 +cl_zoomToggle=1 +i_mouse_accel=0 +g_skipIntro=1 +cl_fov=68 +r_DrawNearFoV=68 +pl_movement.power_sprint_targetFov=68 +cl_sensitivity=5 + r_motionblur=0

PostPosted: 04 Mar 2011, 20:40 
Editors
Editors

Well the PC demo is now here. Let me be the first to congratulate Crytek on their first console port for PC! I am so glad I don't have to be bothered with all those confusing options that let me customize the performance of the game to my specific configuration anymore. The interface is so engaging that I have to navigate through so many eyepopping menus to get to what I want to change or observe. And it's so good that it looks and plays exactly like the Xbox 360 version! I now have HD console gaming for my PC! I also have that wonderful progressive acceleration you need for joysticks on my mouse. This totally immerses the player and levels the playing field for all.

I feel like rage-quitting and I haven't even tried the game yet.

Amen.

"MAXIMUM CONSOLE..." :nudgenudge

Nailhead, meet hammer.

PostPosted: 04 Mar 2011, 23:16 

Long time no visit. Good PC games on the horizon = me coming back to moan about stuff :)

Well I tried the demo, I actually enjoyed it (suprising considering I'm running on an 8800 gtx + E6850 which is getting long in the tooth. Will be upgraded soon to i7 2600k + new gpu.

Anyway, I thought the graphics were nice (for multiplayer) but I had some severe slowdowns and network lag (probably all my own fault given my current connection and PC speed).

What I did notice straight away was the terribly low FOV. A dead give away of consolitis. Hope they put a proper option to adjust that in the final game! Also noted the lack of advanced graphics settings /duh

Mouse control was a bit strange but livable. I've played worse.

I absolutely loved Crysis *1*, and I can't see this bettering it in single player, maybe in story but not in that immersive/free feeling due to setting but hopefully I'm wrong.

Preliminary verdict: Showing definite signs of console nerfing but nothing too horrific imo. Will reserve full judgment for final game as I'm actually more into the single player side anyway but do hope to play a bit of online.

And at least it appears to be doing widescreen right, that's the main thing eh?

PostPosted: 05 Mar 2011, 04:41 

I had to lower the detail to "Gamer" on Pier 17, but I haven't tried forcing SLI for it yet. The water and severe bloom is what really hinders performance here I'm guessing. Should still run about as well as the original once proper support is added by nVidia to the drivers.

Like I said, once you get used to it it's pretty fun. I wish that all the suit powers from the original carried over, but it seems balanced as-is.

PostPosted: 19 Mar 2011, 03:29 

Nicely polished Multiplayer, however the suit power have been nerfed and the whole experience is now quite boring. I got over it after 3 hours of play. The whole game is too slow now so there is not much power left in the "super" suit.

PostPosted: 19 Mar 2011, 05:01 

They're probably "mass-produced" versions of the suit from the first two games, since this "Crysis" is now on a global scale. The suit from the first two games is probably a prototype made specifically for Prophet and his team.

PostPosted: 20 Mar 2011, 02:11 
Insiders
Insiders

You're adorable, Armenius.