Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 10 Jun 2024, 02:42

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Amnesia LOW fps
PostPosted: 12 Jun 2011, 18:36 

I bought amnesia on prerelease and played as soon as t came out. Best horror game I ever played. I played it on my old i5/5850 crossfire set up on single screen 1920x1080. It had good fps on high settings with vsynce on. Now I am trying to play the dlc and will want to do the whole game over but I am having troubles with fps.

I upgraded a few minus ago to a 2600k/6970. It runs at 4.5ghz and 960/1540 stock volt. I have eyefinity 5670x1080 and it runs smooth on high without vsync but screen tear is horrible. When I turn on vsync it lags like crazy. Even on 1920x1080 low settings it lags with vsync! My system is much more powerfull than my old i5/5850. Is it lagging due to the 6970 and the drivers? I have tried d3doverider and ccc vsync but they also kill the fps. Do I need to reinstall the game? I got it off of steam do I need to use a cracked version? Does anyone have any ideas?

I love this game and really want to play it again

Post subject: Re: Amnesia LOW fps
PostPosted: 26 Jun 2011, 19:33 

Hmm, I am also wondering if it is a driver thing. I played through at at 1920x1200 at fairly high settings on my 2.4ghz macbook pro with 8600m GT 256MB and I think I used vsync without lag.

I may give it a shot later maxed on my GTX480 with vsync and see how it acts (I have it on steam also)

PostPosted: 27 Jun 2011, 05:25 

Double check your settings and make sure your SSAO resolution and SSAO sample are not set any higher than this. Even at 4.9Ghz I get major lag if those are set higher than in the screenshot below.

PostPosted: 27 Jun 2011, 13:20 
Insiders
Insiders

Yes. SSAO will destroy your performance even on the highest-end of systems right now. I set my SSAO resolution to High and the samples to 8. It's a dark game with fantastic lighting already. SSAO resolution makes a bigger difference in looks than the amount of samples. The samples kind of just refine how detailed it really is, which it doesn't need a lot of to look great.

Widescreen Fixer Twitter - https://twitter.com/widescreenfixer
Personal Twitter - https://twitter.com/davidrudie

PostPosted: 27 Jun 2011, 13:27 
Insiders
Insiders

Now that there have been some patches for this, do moved objects stay in their positions after returning to a room? That lack of detail really killed enjoyment and immersion of the game for me...