Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 04 Jul 2024, 18:21

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 805 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40 ... 81  Next
PostPosted: 22 Aug 2007, 17:45 

That is a lame excuse. I guess it is easier to play the "artistic vision" card than it is to patch the game.

So I guess that means that 2K will not be granting us HOR+.

Thank God for Racer_S.

PostPosted: 22 Aug 2007, 17:53 

Another case of what can happen when you primarily develop for consoles..., sigh. O wait, maybe if I put my monitor two feet further back it will feel better! Yay! :lol:
I'll just have a look at that donation thing.

PostPosted: 22 Aug 2007, 17:53 

Wow.. NOW is the time to cancel the pre-order I guess?

Absolutely disgusted that 2k have played the company line here (politics) rather than admit it was either a F-up or a VERY BAD design choice.

They say it's done for artistic reasons but the 4:3 users do NOT get the same FOV - they get a zoomed out one (or normal as every other game calls it).

Just lost all respect for 2k, especially in view of what their lead coder had previously posted.

This is just food for the majority who they thought would be easier to please that admit to they (and the majority who were 'happy') were wrong.

A design choice? Sack your designers and ask for proper player feedback from WS gamers next time not 'yes men'.

Thank god those of us who do know what we want can play it properly with the fix.

PostPosted: 22 Aug 2007, 17:54 

Well i've tried the demo the way they intended and I've tried it using the hack, and in my opinion the hack makes the game look a lot better.

But as we mentioned earlier, changes to video game code do not happen in minutes or hours.

Looks like there won't be an implemented fix for a long time so its lucky we have Racer_S!!

PostPosted: 22 Aug 2007, 17:56 
Editors
Editors

Damn mates, that such a lame excuse. Even when there's such massive amount of people agreeing with the fact that the FOV isn't correct they still say it is right as it is. >_<

PostPosted: 22 Aug 2007, 17:57 

Okay, so it was working, then the bathysphere surfaced, and all my textures suddenly look dreadful ~(like pre-1998) the DX10 surfaces can't be the only thing doing this!? I also noticed the glossy surfaces look crap now (all the bill posters have an etched glass look under DX10) too, so the game looks really bad, I have no idea how to take in-game screenshots to show this but trust me its horrible.

So for me, the right-click "play as DX9" isn't an option, so I'm back to square one, and looks like I spoke too soon!!!!

PostPosted: 22 Aug 2007, 17:57 

LOL WUT

Instead of cropping the FOV for 4:3 displays and making all 4:3 owners mad in doing so, we slightly extended the vertical FOV for standard def mode:

isnt that the same as croping
way to spin it

PostPosted: 22 Aug 2007, 17:58 

Scoty: Read page 14. There is a large post there giving you all the options you have available by GoogleStater

ok thank you but i dont understand the setting (my English is not good). i use 16:10 with 1680x1050. is this the real fov for me:

16:10 = 0.833 sliders. Effective FOV = 90 degrees

and is 0.833 for both sliders the same settings ?

PostPosted: 22 Aug 2007, 18:00 

Well, to their credit, it does look like they are "looking into" allowing us to alter the FOV within the game. I take it they mean the PC version. It does probably mean the 360 version will likely go unchanged.

Still, I think it was just carefully worded PR damage control rather than manning up and admitting that they implemented it incorrectly.

I mean seriously, what is more natural to the human eyes. Expanded view on the Vertical axis (yeah, if our eyes where stacked on top of each other... so rather than having a right and left eye, we would refer to them as my top or bottom eye), or a Horizontal axis (wider viewing angle simulating peripheral vision).

Post subject: Statement from 2k
PostPosted: 22 Aug 2007, 18:00 

http://www.2kgames.com/cultofrapture/home.html

Reports of the widescreen FOV being a crop of the 4:3 FOV are completely false.

It certainly had the "effect" of a crop. Comments?

Instead of cropping the FOV for 4:3 displays and making all 4:3 owners mad in doing so, we slightly extended the vertical FOV for standard def mode:

isnt that the same as croping

That's what I thought.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 805 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40 ... 81  Next