Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 04 Jul 2024, 18:32

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 805 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79 ... 81  Next
PostPosted: 11 Nov 2007, 03:04 

Wow, what an asshole. :lol:

PostPosted: 11 Nov 2007, 03:24 

I visited that page, and noticed two things:

1. That guy is an arse.
2. My CPU usage frickin' JUMPED up to 60%! After I closed that tab, it dropped back to 1-6% with 6 tabs up.

PostPosted: 11 Nov 2007, 09:18 
Editors
Editors

What's this game ... Bioshock ... ?
Is it any good ?

Joking aside ...

A widescreen FOV patch just when you really need it ... :shock:
Cor blimy ! ... I'm impressed !

... :P

PostPosted: 11 Nov 2007, 13:37 
Editors
Editors

2. My CPU usage frickin' JUMPED up to 60%! After I closed that tab, it dropped back to 1-6% with 6 tabs up.

Gotta love Flash adverts. >_<

And hey, it only took them three months, when RacerS did it in, what, two days - including testing and QA from Paddy and others?

Those who don't like widescreen being treated in the way it should be will never understand; their blind vitriol will make sure of that. I'm sure, however, that had they had widescreen monitors or it had been 4:3 stretched, they'd have been "bitching and whining" themselves. :roll:

Anyway, the game is all but forgotten now, as far as I can tell. The game made a wave, but it wasn't the tsunami that leaves prolonged marks on the gaming world that I think many people believed it would.

PostPosted: 11 Nov 2007, 14:16 
Editors
Editors

Yeah, to be fair since getting this new gfx card i was thinking "i should start Bioshock again to see it in smooth loveliness", but haven't been arsed to even get past the end of the demo bit. :?

But 3 months to get a patch for a FOV fix whereas Valve pushed out one for TF2 in a couple of days.

Too little WAY too late 2K!

Follow me on twitter: @theg00seberry and find me on Steam

PostPosted: 11 Nov 2007, 14:31 

Yeah, there seem to be people that just don't get it, or don't want to get it. I get the same thing from some of the people commenting on my GameTrailers user movie page, they can't get their heads around my TH2GO setup.

PostPosted: 11 Nov 2007, 15:33 
Editors
Editors

Some people obviously like living life looking down a narrow tunnel. ;)

Either that or they have no peripheral vision at all...

PostPosted: 11 Nov 2007, 16:10 

Some people obviously like living life looking down a narrow tunnel. ;)

And by 'some people' you mean trrll :) only kidding, but seriously I got bored of rescuing little sisters, and killing splicers, with not a lot else on offer I gave up on Bioshock, didn't even finish it. Lets not forget the patch still isn't out yet, they've been saying "soon" for months so I'm willing to bet my life savings on a no show until 2008 lol!

Actually BioShock has been a good lesson for me in hype, the demo fiasco had me all angry, then the widescreen issue, then the game sucked! It's made me realise a pretty screenshot means sweet fa.

PostPosted: 11 Nov 2007, 16:55 

I really enjoyed it the first play through (a LOT), but I lost interest an hour or so into the second run. I hate to say it, but it definitely is a better rental (for 360 users anyway) than it is for a full price game. Nevertheless, I like the Big Daddy figurine that I got with my PC Collectors Edition, and perhaps there will be mods from the online community sometime.

PostPosted: 13 Nov 2007, 01:32 

[quote]Some people obviously like living life looking down a narrow tunnel. ;)

And by 'some people' you mean trrll :) only kidding, but seriously I got bored of rescuing little sisters, and killing splicers, with not a lot else on offer I gave up on Bioshock, didn't even finish it. Lets not forget the patch still isn't out yet, they've been saying "soon" for months so I'm willing to bet my life savings on a no show until 2008 lol!

Actually BioShock has been a good lesson for me in hype, the demo fiasco had me all angry, then the widescreen issue, then the game sucked! It's made me realise a pretty screenshot means sweet fa.

Same here, I trudged through... completely uninterested after the fiasco of all the WS and worse 'flaws' of the game, hoping that with all that out of my system that I would finally see what all the hype was about but I just couldn't , nothing much impressed me about the game after the first 30 minutes... I'm about 2 levels from the end I think (Ryans office) and I just gave up, everything about the game was annoying me, I was sick to the back teeth of continually fighting ridiculous cartoony splicers with no feeling of reward or any reasoning to their or my actions other than 'progress at the say so of some stranger on a radio'... I will try it again when the patch comes out but I'm not getting my hopes up.

I tell a lie, I thought some of the freezer section graphics were quite nice, the effects and the immersion was good... but it wasn't fun to play at any point that I can recall (past that first big daddy and first security hack).

It taught me to trust NO review and be wary of the UE3 engine games, after UT3 (which is still borked in WS I hear on german retail) I am buying NO MORE UE3 games, i'm fed up of rewarding this ass backwards engine's maker when they blatantly ignore the FOV issue or control issues that have plagued their games.

Cryengine2... now there's an engine to be proud of :)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 805 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79 ... 81  Next