Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 04 Jul 2024, 22:40

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
PostPosted: 28 Aug 2007, 21:03 

Just get some bluetack and stick it up on the wall, that does the trick right and proper.

Then prepare to be blown away by the awesomeness!

Dont you mean the explosion of the monitor crashing down on the floor? :P

PostPosted: 29 Aug 2007, 00:59 
Insiders
Insiders

[quote]Just get some bluetack and stick it up on the wall, that does the trick right and proper.

Then prepare to be blown away by the awesomeness!

Dont you mean the explosion of the monitor crashing down on the floor? :P

It'd be similar to this if it happened!

http://bioshockd.ytmnd.com/

PostPosted: 29 Aug 2007, 05:48 

Bahahaaa thats awesome. I'm scared to download the demo now... :shock:

PostPosted: 30 Aug 2007, 22:07 

You know what's really sad?

According to the WHOIS at Network Solutions, someone called "1&1 Internet, Inc." out of Pennsylvania registered the domain name "tallscreengamingforum.com" on August 25, 2007.

http://www.networksolutions.com/whois/results.jsp?domain=tallscreengamingforum.com

Wow.

(Sad, that is, unless it's someone from here. In which case, funny. Otherwise, not so much.)

--Flatfingers

PostPosted: 30 Aug 2007, 22:47 

Companies like that probably see someone mention wanting that address (even in jest) and grab it, in the hope that they can charge the earth for it later. If that was the case, then they are obviously pretty stupid, as nobody sane would pay decent money for that.

PostPosted: 30 Aug 2007, 22:50 

Companies like that probably see someone mention wanting that address (even in jest) and grab it, in the hope that they can charge the earth for it later. If that was the case, then they are obviously pretty stupid, as nobody sane would pay decent money for that.

2K Boston might.

PostPosted: 30 Aug 2007, 23:58 

There are plenty of options if you want something similar.

tallerscreengamingforums
tall...forums.
tallestscreen...forum
tallscreengamerforum...

PostPosted: 31 Aug 2007, 00:26 

Hmm -- I guess I should add that I wasn't checking because I wanted to register the name!

I had an idea for a web service some time back. When I checked WHOIS to see if it was taken, not only was the most obvious form taken, so was every close approximation. In a number of cases, they appeared not even to be used by actual web sites, but were merely grabbed by hosting companies like 1&1 (which I now see is a large international Web hosting service).

Since then I've found it morbidly fascinating to see how quickly new ideas for sites get registered by organizations who apparently have no interest in actually creating a site or service. tallscreengamingforum.com is just the latest example. The twist in this case is that someone is leaping to register a satirical suggestion, which is funny in a rueful-headshake kind of way.

I wonder if whoever registered tallscreengamingforum.com reads widescreengamingforum.com for the information, or merely to find site ideas to pounce on?

I'm almost inclined to start chumming the water with my own bogus site ideas just to watch the sharks feed....

--Flatfingers

PostPosted: 01 Sep 2007, 02:59 

Total Recall Predicts the Future of Tallscreen Gaming.

PostPosted: 05 Sep 2007, 08:58 

Total Recall Predicts the Future of Tallscreen Gaming.

lol.

Someone stole my idea!

With that, so goes my dream of running http://www.tallscreengamingforum.com.

:cry:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8