Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 03 Jul 2024, 07:00

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 26 Aug 2007, 20:42 

I really was torn on whether to post this in its own thread or an existing thread but I ended up putting it in its own, partially because I am having a hard time believing I just saw it with my own eyes.

If that was an error I apologies but if a mod does intend to remove or lock the post I would very much appreciate it if you could add this info to another appropriate thread.

You’re not going to believe this.

I like many others were surprised that there was no walk/run toggle in the game as it’s a simple control method in every shooter I have ever played, particularly ones that however mistaking claim to be part RPG.

Guessing this would be a simple binds oversight that would get patched in at some point apparently I was wrong.

Follow up thread is located here & the original in here.

Is it my imagination or is “Bioshock_FTW!â€

PostPosted: 26 Aug 2007, 20:50 
Editors
Editors

Let me see if I get this straight:

You can walk or run as you choose in the Xbox version, but not on the PC version?

And, when you asked for a fix they replyed:

They chose it to be that way for a reason

Another variant of:

You get a zoomed, disorienting FOV in widescreen, which you don't get in 4:3. This is done for "artistic reasons", or they choose it to be that way for "artistic reasons"?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: 26 Aug 2007, 20:52 

Maybe I am overreacting but are 2K actively trying to piss off the PC community, I realise some don’t care if we can walk or not but then it should not affect them if they did implement a toggle.

PostPosted: 26 Aug 2007, 20:54 
Editors
Editors

The mods thinks that Ken Levine has gotten away with his "artistic reasons" for mistakes made, so now the mods are adopting the same excuse... :roll:

PostPosted: 26 Aug 2007, 21:12 
Editors
Editors

Unbelievable !

PostPosted: 26 Aug 2007, 21:19 

That moderator needs some moderating. He's out of line.

He has a point in that the post probably shoud have been put in "Questions for the team". But he's not "the team", so he has no right to speak for them regarding the issue.

Someone should send him on a vacation! :lol:

PostPosted: 26 Aug 2007, 21:58 
Editors
Editors

This is ridiculous, i noticed this when playing the demo and missed it a lot.

How can it be this way deliberately? I bet if you plug in your 360 pad to the PC, then you will be able to walk by pressing slightly on the thumb stick. Just because you're using a keyboard you can't?

My faith in 2K is just swirling down the drain.

Follow me on twitter: @theg00seberry and find me on Steam

PostPosted: 26 Aug 2007, 22:01 

i didnt realy notice that much but then i use run on all the time in other games so meh

if you want to you can use a 360 controller on the PC and it works
but it has to do with the analog stick

also you realy dont have much of a run in the first place and when you crouch you slow down to a walk so it works out ok any way

PostPosted: 26 Aug 2007, 22:07 

Wait until the real 2K people like Levine offer commentary on it. "Bioshock_FTW!" has no business making statements on the matter in absence of anything official from the dev team. His job is to disseminate and enforce 2K policy on the 2K forum, not make it up.

To my knowledge, the dev team hasn't commented on the lack of walking in the PC version. Let's not take the inappropriate actions of a frazzled forum moderator and confuse it with company policy.

PostPosted: 26 Aug 2007, 22:37 

Again - no one is ever going to convince me that this game received the QA playtesting you'd think it would have had...