Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 07 Jul 2024, 03:14

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 122 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
PostPosted: 24 Nov 2008, 13:42 
Editors
Editors

Oh baby, I am so keen for this, my system will eat it all up by the sounds of it, like fat kid on a cup cake, eat it aaaaaaaallllllllll up.

I wonder if there are mods for it yet?

Check the first few pages of this thread, there's where it kinda starts:
http://www.widescreengamingforum.com/node/9088

But yeah loads of mods and paddy's blood mod looks nice too.

I can't beleive how bad it was for me at 1.05 and then how amazing the game was after 1.07 I was ready to delete and punch the box in frustration over the shitnesss of the game. Now I've pretty much played it through twice. loving it.

PostPosted: 24 Nov 2008, 13:43 

Ooooooooooohhhhhh yyyyyyyeeeeeeeaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh!

The big question on my lips, is it WIDE?

PostPosted: 25 Nov 2008, 01:05 
Editors
Editors

Cool , yeah its wide :lol:

PostPosted: 25 Nov 2008, 23:53 

It should land today or tomorow.

Bring et.

PostPosted: 26 Nov 2008, 08:41 
Editors
Editors

you amoungst it yet?!?!

PostPosted: 26 Nov 2008, 13:15 

Installed now, not playing as I am just choosing what mods I want to carry me through.

So far:

Better Weapon sounds
graphics quality mod

Looking for:
Carry more mod

that is probably it really. I am unsure if installing one mod will affect the other, as i know a mod writes over some file which may affect the previous mod which would have written over the same file therefore losing the changes.

PostPosted: 27 Nov 2008, 09:47 

It should land today or tomorow.

Bring et.

Woo hoo JohnnyWakko!!

May I suggest a quick play through to get your bearings... just a couple of hours and then restart, it's made the game for me :D

I've restarted maherie and oh my god everything's working! My PDA is actually useful! Now I can find stashes, find artifacts and attach them... this is what it's supposed to be!! Woo hoo! I'm rich too and I've just got to the Cordon with lots of lovely guns and money. I'm a much happier chap, I guess there was some glitch with my previous game. Oh and I've just worked out the whole point of flash drives - it wasn't very clear first go - I didn't even notice the weapon upgrade chap at clear sky.

PostPosted: 27 Nov 2008, 11:11 

Good points.

I am still getting settings correct as yet. HAven't even stepped out of the first building.

THese sort of games need to be tweaked before getting into them.

EDIT: GOd I really do hope it gets better.

Is the map supposed to be blurry and hard to read and follow?
THe objective are also hard to find.
The graphics are not as impressive as I saw in screen shots

Finding it hard to get into at the moment.

PostPosted: 27 Nov 2008, 17:37 

Good points.

I am still getting settings correct as yet. HAven't even stepped out of the first building.

Yup, the map's supposed to be blurry, and the fence surrounding the play area has a random gap at the top where I got stuck in a radioactive area and couldn't find my way back in; I died and hadn't saved for a while, you can imagine my joy. Also watch out for water it can be intensely radioactive. Keep an ear out for heavy breathing, I thought it was exhaustion and realised it was my health bar slowly draining and died a lot because of it.

I honestly think a quick play through and then restart is required with this game, once you get the hang of it, it's great fun, just like the original stalker... plus new dynamics are added through the encouragement of trading, making friends and factions.

Oh and the graphics are amazin! Well okay, the swamp is a bit ugly lol :D

PostPosted: 28 Nov 2008, 08:42 
Editors
Editors

[quote]Good points.

Yup, the map's supposed to be blurry, and the fence surrounding the play area has a random gap at the top where I got stuck in a radioactive area and couldn't find my way back in; I died and hadn't saved for a while, you can imagine my joy. Also watch out for water it can be intensely radioactive. Keep an ear out for heavy breathing, I thought it was exhaustion and realised it was my health bar slowly draining and died a lot because of it.

I honestly think a quick play through and then restart is required with this game, once you get the hang of it, it's great fun, just like the original stalker... plus new dynamics are added through the encouragement of trading, making friends and factions.

Oh and the graphics are amazin! Well okay, the swamp is a bit ugly lol :D

I got stuck there too! died losing half a days play:

Yeah it does take a little while to get into it, as in all my other posts, I hated it, but grew to love it after 5 hours of playing. Once the bugs were fixed it was awesome. Yes the swap is shit house, but Cordon will make you love it.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 122 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next