Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 07 Jul 2024, 03:14

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 122 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
PostPosted: 28 Nov 2008, 13:31 

The random gap to the far north of the map leads to a very useful cabin/cave.......

PostPosted: 28 Nov 2008, 14:11 
Editors
Editors

The random gap to the far north of the map leads to a very useful cabin/cave.......

Where exactly? In the middle or the far north east or west? What's in there?

PostPosted: 28 Nov 2008, 22:41 

I got stuck there too! died losing half a days play:

Yeah it does take a little while to get into it, as in all my other posts, I hated it, but grew to love it after 5 hours of playing. Once the bugs were fixed it was awesome. Yes the swap is shit house, but Cordon will make you love it.

LOL it's so sneaky isn't it? I think it was dark when I went through it and surrounded by bracken/gorse-like bushes it's amost impossible to find your way back through - even though I managed it, I died two seconds later as I'd run out of anti-rad drugs and med kits to fend off the heavy breathing. Not a happy bunny.

Now does anyone know how to get the PDA at the end of the train tracks? my screen goes white and I can't get up to it. It just pushes me back, it;s infuriating as its the last mission I have to do before I go to garbage.

PostPosted: 29 Nov 2008, 00:35 

[quote]The random gap to the far north of the map leads to a very useful cabin/cave.......

Where exactly? In the middle or the far north east or west? What's in there?

DANG IT! I knew there was something wrong with my MAP. MY map does not show my position, or objectives, or other things, it will only centre on what I have selected.

In fact, ever since I installed a few mods, my whole game has become all screwed up. MIght have to reinstall.

That is positive, and I was getting lost way to easy without a map.

WOOT.

PostPosted: 29 Nov 2008, 01:00 

Veles detector... and nearby your vintar bc rifle... and a pretty average artifact. The veles is the thing you want. Go through the gap to get to the collapsed bridge. go under the bridge, and on the northern side of the bridge on the right hand side (eastern) of the river bed, there's a cave/cabin entrance.... (This is in the top north west corner)

PostPosted: 29 Nov 2008, 02:29 

Re: PDA in tunnel... I found out how to do it!!! lol I love this game :D

EDT: now i'm suck again, eliminating the bandits at their base... i think at garbage all the doors are closed, how the hell do I get in?

PostPosted: 29 Nov 2008, 07:29 
Editors
Editors

Now does anyone know how to get the PDA at the end of the train tracks? my screen goes white and I can't get up to it. It just pushes me back, it;s infuriating as its the last mission I have to do before I go to garbage.

Re: PDA in tunnel... I found out how to do it!!! lol I love this game :D

EDT: now i'm suck again, eliminating the bandits at their base... i think at garbage all the doors are closed, how the hell do I get in?

Okay how did you get in there, I could never accept that quest cos I got stuck there too many times, little help?

That happened to me before and it's a pain in the arse. The doors SHOULDN'T be closed it's a bug (yeah yeah another bug) but try looking in from the side, I had killed most of the bandits, and there was only two up on the very top levels that I was able to snipe from outside... then the mission finished for me, but if there's loads in there, it's a hard one.

Also watch out, some times when I went into the Depot where the bandits where I was unable to draw my weapon out... so I died, watch out there too.

Finally I'd recommend saving prior to going there so you can re-load just in case any of the above happens.

Johnny sounds like a rre-install should be sweet to fix alot of things. I found that If I played for 5 mins then saved, then modded it worked a lot better for me. Try that.

PostPosted: 29 Nov 2008, 18:11 

Okay how did you get in there, I could never accept that quest cos I got stuck there too many times, little help?

That happened to me before and it's a pain in the arse. The doors SHOULDN'T be closed it's a bug (yeah yeah another bug) but try looking in from the side, I had killed most of the bandits, and there was only two up on the very top levels that I was able to snipe from outside... then the mission finished for me, but if there's loads in there, it's a hard one.

Also watch out, some times when I went into the Depot where the bandits where I was unable to draw my weapon out... so I died, watch out there too.

Finally I'd recommend saving prior to going there so you can re-load just in case any of the above happens.

Johnny sounds like a rre-install should be sweet to fix alot of things. I found that If I played for 5 mins then saved, then modded it worked a lot better for me. Try that.

Re: PDA mission. I can't exactly remember where I was but I think I was talking to a stalker at the collapsed bridge (the one at the top), as I can't quite remember exactly, maybe talk to all of them that hang around there and you'll get a hint!

So the doors closing is another bug eh? god damnit!!!! I walked all around the depot, but when i get to the doors they all shoot me through the door. I died and last save loaded me right back to the entrance of garbage so i'll have to re-load and save just before i get there.

One more question... how the HELL do I get this stash???

PostPosted: 29 Nov 2008, 23:31 

Well I got everything working now. Took off a stupid MOD that gave me this awsome gun at the start and now I have restarted a game.

It's all sweet now, Is also running nicely.

PostPosted: 30 Nov 2008, 04:09 
Editors
Editors

[quote]Okay how did you get in there, I could never accept that quest cos I got stuck there too many times, little help?

Re: PDA mission. I can't exactly remember where I was but I think I was talking to a stalker at the collapsed bridge (the one at the top), as I can't quite remember exactly, maybe talk to all of them that hang around there and you'll get a hint!

So the doors closing is another bug eh? god damnit!!!! I walked all around the depot, but when i get to the doors they all shoot me through the door. I died and last save loaded me right back to the entrance of garbage so i'll have to re-load and save just before i get there.

One more question... how the HELL do I get this stash???

Go up the top inside the church, at the top of the stairs you will see a hole in the wall on your right. Edge out onto the ledge, walk along the edge towards the backback, then up the slanted part of the roof. Easy done.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 122 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next