Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 07 Jul 2024, 02:38

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
PostPosted: 06 Nov 2008, 23:08 
Administrators
Administrators

Both server are up and working for me :) with almost no load and little RAM usage.

Code:
hostname: bornl33t FRAG FEST
   version : 1.0.0.0/36 3651 secure
   udp/ip  :  174.133.59.224:27017
   map     : l4d_dem_hospital01_apartment
   players : 4 humans, 0 bots (4 max) (not hibernating)

# userid name uniqueid connected ping loss state adr
   #  2 1 "Relig" STEAM_1:0:8863174 05:54 89 0 active xxxxx
   #  3 2 "[Spec-Ops] kyzzak" STEAM_1:1:15489457 05:54 131 0 active xxxxxx
   #  5 4 "-=Crazy=-Black Bob" STEAM_1:1:6313646 05:36 1313 0 active xxxxxx
   # 12 5 "drift3rz" STEAM_1:1:98430 03:30 120 0 active xxxxxxx

Code:

hostname: bornl33t FRAG FEST
   version : 1.0.0.0/36 3651 secure
   udp/ip  :  174.133.59.224:27018
   map     : l4d_dem_hospital01_apartment
   players : 3 humans, 0 bots (4 max) (not hibernating)

# userid name uniqueid connected ping loss state adr
   #  2 1 "codemaster99" STEAM_1:0:8938204 03:01 128 0 active xxxxxxxx
   #  3 2 "Lothar32" STEAM_1:1:14647811 03:01 137 0 active xxxxxxx
   # 4 "Louis" BOT active
   #  7 5 "UnknownGamer" STEAM_1:0:6496331 02:45 118 0 active xxxxxxx
   #end

Back on topic, I've been loving this game!! It's intense when you get hit by a boomer! Anyone played with the pipebombs? Oh it's glorious!

PostPosted: 07 Nov 2008, 00:23 
Insiders
Insiders

I looks like a perfect LAN game.

Killing hordes of mindless zombies sounds fun, too.

PostPosted: 07 Nov 2008, 02:05 
Editors
Editors

Uploaded my screens from tonight's fun here ... (link removed)
List script just to save me linking em all here and creating long load times etc.
Once a decent server was found, and i was playing it with all my mates, was a damn good laugh ! Especially on the hardest setting, we got pummelled! :lol:

Follow me on twitter: @theg00seberry and find me on Steam

PostPosted: 07 Nov 2008, 02:09 
Editors
Editors

Thanks bud ... they look great ... :D
I think I'll have to get it even if I have to kill zombies whilst on ice skates ... :lol:

PostPosted: 07 Nov 2008, 17:41 

Thanks for the screenshots eZ' !

If the game is as fun as it looks I'll try the demo the 11th. I might get Clear sky first though as I can only afford one game purchase a month...

Actually, eZ' (or anyone who has tried both,) which would you recommend Left4Dead or Stalker Clear Sky?

PostPosted: 07 Nov 2008, 17:55 
Editors
Editors

Well, STALKER seems to be a bit marmite'y, and I'm someone who absolutely hates it. I thought the first was an awful awful game, and the second getting generally less favourable reviews than the first means I'm not even touching it.
Therefore I'd say L4D! :lol:
And it's one of those games where screenshots don't do it justice, you have to see it in motion - the speed of the zombies etc !

If you have 3 other friends who have all pre-ordered/are going to buy L4D, then it will be so worth it.

Follow me on twitter: @theg00seberry and find me on Steam

PostPosted: 07 Nov 2008, 18:34 

Does it feel like your on ice skates as with nigh on every other Valve game ? ... :P

Good god! Me and all my friends praise the movement in all valve games, Nothing else feels nearly as good as them. In my opinion obviously.

That being said...

I hopped on as soon as it came out, did my settings. The menu really seems to have a console feel to it rather than the VGUI menus in past valve games which are very inaccessible to a controller. and for some reason (hello consoles) they did away with the numbered mouse sensitivity in exchange for a slider which I really do not like. But what ever I can always change it in the console to match my other source games.

Then I tried to quickly hop into a game, the game started it took like a minute to connect then the loading screen popped up and i waited while it did nothing for another minute and it said I was disconnected from the server and spat me out to the main menu. At which point it showed on the menu that one of my friends on steam was playing so I clicked there and joined his lobby, same thing. Closed L4D and restarted steam went back in connected to my friends game in progress (I was replaced by a bot) and just took control of the bot, felt very nice and streamlined.

Then we played through, first of all its stupidly easy on "normal"(2/4) not one person died. I did not really enjoy the experience and disliked (but still glad that I purchased) the game after that first initial impression.

I started up again this morning playing singleplayer, I went much much slower as I would in a singleplayer game checking every closet, and every inch of the level in general. And then I really started to enjoy the game once I really new the level and the guns, the movement and all that jazz.
I think I just jumped in too fast at first.

Valve pulled a Halo in this one, you can see your legs!

If anyone wants to try the early demo but did not preorder:
http://www.gamestop.com/gs/landing/l4dearly/default.aspx

Simply leave the transaction ID blank, fill the rest out and hit submit and viola! Access to the early demo.

Multiple people have confirmed this to work.

PostPosted: 07 Nov 2008, 19:10 
Editors
Editors

:lol: ... It is something I have always had a problem with with Valves games
Move in any direction ... let go of the key and you keep going in that direction just for a moment ... to me this feels like being on ice skates ... :lol:

Each to their own of course but I have never understood why others don't feel the same way ... I'm clearly the odd one ... :lol:
Maybe I'm just too sensitive ... he-he ... :P ... :lol:

Generally I do enjoy Valves games I just have never thought them to be "all that" as others do (apart from the original HL which was awesome and btw also moved like your on ice skates ... :P ... I can't tell ya how many times I slid of that cliff because of the ices skating ... :lol:) ... again ... I'm clearly the odd one ... :lol:

I will be buying it for sure ... I'll wait for the shop version as it is a good bit cheaper than on Steam even with the pre-order discount and I already have other games to finish/play.

Anyway thanks for the heads up on the game ... 8)

PostPosted: 07 Nov 2008, 21:38 

I'm clearly the odd one ... :lol:

Oh no you're not!! I completely agree with you, though I think the effect is somewhat lesser in the Source engine, I for one, couldn't play HL1 as I hated the slidey slidey nature of Dr Freeman's footsteps and continually falling off platforms and such. I am probably one of the few PC gamers out there who's never finished HL1 for that very reason.

Wow this place is turning into some sort of video game confessional for me.

Anyway thanks eZ' for the reply, but I loved Shadow of Chernobyl so our onions are going to completely differ on this one lol! I guess I'll judge the demo and wait until then before I buy Clear Sky :) :) You seem to love Left4Dead so I'll be patient!

Cheers dudes!

PostPosted: 07 Nov 2008, 22:20 
Insiders
Insiders

Yeah, HL1 was ridiculous with that. It's like Freeman's boots were coated with Crisco or something.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next