Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 08 Jul 2024, 14:05

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 182 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 19  Next
 Post subject: Dragon Age: Origins
PostPosted: 25 Oct 2009, 06:55 

The nice person in me wants to think there is no room for any form of launch DLC on the discs. The not so nice one thinks, "why sell all for one price when you can sell parts for more."

PostPosted: 25 Oct 2009, 07:16 
Insiders
Insiders

I guess it's for people who want to replay the game again, this time with a bit more content. I for one would prefer to beat the game asap and move on to something else.

PostPosted: 25 Oct 2009, 10:00 

Is it actually confirmed that the PC version of this is getting a proper mod toolkit? The only reason I played NWN and NWN 2 was because they had awesome user-made modules and they were online. Dragon Age isn't online and it looks like they want to go the way of DLC rather than full 20 hour expansion packs that cost like $20-$30 (which I prefer over DLC IMHO).

PostPosted: 25 Oct 2009, 18:26 

Is it actually confirmed that the PC version of this is getting a proper mod toolkit?.

Yes.

It has the most robust mod kit ever released it seems like. There are trailers about it.

PostPosted: 26 Oct 2009, 03:23 
Insiders
Insiders

As I said though, read the decription of the content and it sounds like add-on content, not real game content. It sounds like something you would release after the main game, not like something that would be a part of the game right off.

I did read it. If I understand it right, there's an optional NPC with related quests, an equippable suit of armor, and an optional dungeon. I don't see how this would be any different than if in Baldur's Gate Minsc was sold separately, Ankheg Plate was sold separately, and the Ulcaster Dungeon was sold separately.

PostPosted: 26 Oct 2009, 03:52 

It sounds like a single castle they plopped into the game world, and its main features are new little things like storage and a new armor set.

It sounds like add-on content to me, not real story content.

You can disagree... the point is the main game is not lacking content in any way and also has massive mod tools. The game looks to be an absolute steal for $50.

PostPosted: 26 Oct 2009, 07:58 

It sounds like a single castle they plopped into the game world, and its main features are new little things like storage and a new armor set.

It sounds like add-on content to me, not real story content.

You can disagree... the point is the main game is not lacking content in any way and also has massive mod tools. The game looks to be an absolute steal for $50.

I don't think that anyone disagrees with that, We just dont think that theres any room for day 0 content that could A: Be free, B: Ship on the disk.

I could sort of understand putting people to work on new content between the time that it goes gold and release but even then they usually have vacation time after that happens. But even so they would not have much time to do such. I'm willing to bet that there is a placemat for the DLC already, be it a locked door or what ever.

PostPosted: 05 Nov 2009, 22:53 

For those that got, I have read that the combat is Final Fantasy Xii-ish. How accurate a statement is that?

PostPosted: 06 Nov 2009, 03:31 
Insiders
Insiders

Combat is a lot like in Baldur's Gate, magic is like in WoW with cool downs and there's infinite arrows I think.

PostPosted: 06 Nov 2009, 04:33 

Really looking forward to playing this. I bought a copy today (DVD, not online).

I am waiting to install it though...I've got the new monitor (U2410) and I'm just waiting for the 5870 to be delivered now... :D

I figured it was time to upgrade and this game was as good a reason as any (to me anyway).

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 182 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 19  Next