Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 08 Jul 2024, 15:54

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 14 Sep 2006, 04:11 
Founder
Founder

Cool deal. I think I was too young to play these at the time of their release, but if they are releasing classics in widescreen, then so much the better. :)

It would be great if companies like Lucasarts did this for some of their classic adventure games.

PostPosted: 14 Sep 2006, 04:58 
Insiders
Insiders

It would be great if companies like Lucasarts did this for some of their classic adventure games.

You know, for many years, LucasArts DID sell their classic adventure games on CD-ROMs, and continued to sell them via their online store. For years, every single one except for Loom could be bought there. But around the year 2000, they dropped everything but the Monkey Island games, Sam & Max, Day of the Tentacle (including Maniac Mansion), Indy4, Full Throttle, and Grim Fandango. Around 2003, they dropped S&M, DoTT, and Indy4. Now their only adventure game is the atrocious (compared to the first three) Escape from Monkey Island.

PostPosted: 14 Sep 2006, 11:27 
Editors
Editors

I found Sam 'n' Max, DoTT and Maniac Mansion on Amazon about a month back. I've been seeing how PocketSCUMM works - there are a few bugs, but many of the LucasArts P-A-C games are remarkably playable with a stylus and a couple of keys on the Dell X51v... :D