Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 08 Jul 2024, 16:35

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Lord of the Rings Online
PostPosted: 23 May 2007, 21:31 

Yeah I probably shouldn't start another MMO either, I just borrowed the one volume edition of LOTR from my brother though.. If I like it (and finish it) I might try the game :)

PostPosted: 24 May 2007, 08:36 

I've heard some good shit about this game too. Best MMO you say. Alot of people say the same thing about Vanguard.

I want to start up playing an MMO again something totally new. I'm kind of on the fence on LotR's and Vanguard.

You're kidding about Vanguard, right?

One of the main guys in charge with Vanguard (Brad McQuaid) stopped going to work for like over half a year because he knew the game sucked so badly and didn't want to bother working on it. The Vanguard development team got taken over by Sony Online Entertainment a few weeks ago, who already fired loads of "unnecessary" employees.

Frankly, Vanguard is still in beta and it's already totally f***ed. It's got an incomplete and unmotivated development team, and it's owned by the worst publisher in the industry.

There's always some idiot who claims Game X is the best game ever, even though it totally sucks.

PostPosted: 26 May 2007, 23:29 

There's always some idiot who claims Game X is the best game ever, even though it totally sucks.

And that person is JetSonic. For every new MMO out, there is a post from him saying how it is "The BEST GAME EVAR!!1!!one!!eleven!!"

He said pretty much the same thing about Vanguard a few months back.

It's gotten to the point of not even bothering to read the posts anymore.

PostPosted: 27 May 2007, 09:44 

[quote]I've heard some good shit about this game too. Best MMO you say. Alot of people say the same thing about Vanguard.

I want to start up playing an MMO again something totally new. I'm kind of on the fence on LotR's and Vanguard.

You're kidding about Vanguard, right?

One of the main guys in charge with Vanguard (Brad McQuaid) stopped going to work for like over half a year because he knew the game sucked so badly and didn't want to bother working on it. The Vanguard development team got taken over by Sony Online Entertainment a few weeks ago, who already fired loads of "unnecessary" employees.

Frankly, Vanguard is still in beta and it's already totally f***ed. It's got an incomplete and unmotivated development team, and it's owned by the worst publisher in the industry.

No I aint kidding. Most of my old everquest buddies quit EQ, then did EQ2. They quit EQ2 and went to Vanguard. Most of them said they love it. Then again, most of them are dweebs and probably never left their houses.

Well, I'm now playing LotR part time. I like it. Its definitely not the BEST GAME EVER!!