Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 10 Sep 2024, 16:34

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 45 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: 15 Feb 2008, 07:42 
Insiders
Insiders

:?:

Widescreen Fixer Twitter - https://twitter.com/widescreenfixer
Personal Twitter - https://twitter.com/davidrudie

PostPosted: 15 Feb 2008, 08:34 

All I know is that the game is great on the 360 and I have yet to encounter any camera or fov issue.

PostPosted: 15 Feb 2008, 14:56 
Editors
Editors

Since it puts black bars at the top and bottom, an incorrect FOV is a little moot. It'll simply be a case of whether or not the FOV feels too 'zoomed' for PC gaming, and is making people sick.

It would only be if in 4:3 there was 'bonus' vertical FOV that we could say that the FOV implementation was handled badly.

PostPosted: 15 Feb 2008, 16:34 
Editors
Editors

With some games I don't care about the widescreen method. This game is one of them. What a friggin addictive game dude. I finished it in one week which means I was behind my 360 for about 55 hours in 5 days. Talk about insane. :lol:

PostPosted: 15 Feb 2008, 16:46 
Editors
Editors

Mm.

I don't think I've had any game suck my attention that much since FF8. The only comparable thing I've done gaming wise since FF8 is complete Normal, Hard, Dante Must Die and get half way through Heaven or Hell mode in the original Devil May Cry 3 in four days. ^_^;; (I say original DMC3 as the SE had the difficulty tweaked because people were complaining it was too hard...)

But with this coming out on PC... again, one of the games that was tempting me to get a 360 is no longer exclusive.

PostPosted: 15 Feb 2008, 20:44 

With some games I don't care about the widescreen method. This game is one of them. What a friggin addictive game dude. I finished it in one week which means I was behind my 360 for about 55 hours in 5 days. Talk about insane. :lol:

Agreed. I feel as though the game could use some more viewing space, but it's not making me feel sick like Bioshock (though that could be attributed to the fact that it's played in 3rd person). And man, I thought my 38 hours was long. I still need to beat it in hardcore/insanity too (want my monitor back plox). D:

PostPosted: 15 Feb 2008, 22:48 
Editors
Editors

I hate waiting for RMAs. It's horrible. :(

I'm guessing this'll be Vista only... ah, no, wait... if EA are publishing it, they might use their brains and realise that there are still a lot of people out there with XP who don't really want to shift to Vista right now. Which increases the chances of it running on XP dramatically, as they won't use it as a Loss Leader the way MS will to promote their shiny new OS.

Here's hopin'...

PostPosted: 21 Feb 2008, 10:37 

It's a great game, when it is released for the PC I hope they do a good job for Hor+, but I admit it won't matter to me since as with GoW, I won't be buying both versions, I don't see the point.

Pretty much why a 360 is almost redundant for a PC gamer... very little is on it worth playing that is not on a PC, or won't be at some point.

Mass Effect should be a lot better on PC though, since it's a slow and buggy mess on the console in my opinion. Gears ran well on the 360 and only benefited from higher resolutions on PC... Mass Effect however will benefit by being a much smoother experience.

PostPosted: 03 Sep 2009, 23:54 

The second DLC is available for purchase.

http://eastore.ea.com/DRHM/servlet/ControllerServlet?Action=DisplayProductDetailsPage&SiteID=ea&Locale=en_US&productID=152041300

PostPosted: 04 Sep 2009, 05:13 

It's total crap, stay away from it.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 45 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next