Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 10 Sep 2024, 16:37

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 02 Dec 2009, 00:32 
Insiders
Insiders

Well, I'm not *exactly* a PC-only gamer, but I'm pretty close - I never play the console version of anything that has a superior PC version, for instance. I can't muster much enthusiasm for yet another Star Wars game, let alone a shoddy port of a game that plays like a mediocre God of War clone. I doubt I'd feel differently if the PC was my sole gaming platform.

PostPosted: 02 Dec 2009, 10:53 
Editors
Editors

I'm a PC. And I buy loads of crap.

PostPosted: 02 Dec 2009, 12:26 
Editors
Editors

Rough port or not I would think PC-only gamers would jump all over it. The complete lack of enthusiasm tells me PC-only gamers are few and far between.

If I could find the damned thing, I'd probably buy it. Once it's cheaper. But it doesn't seem to be available anywhere in the UK.

Plus, bad ports are just... lazy.

Although I do love the shift from "we can't release it on PC, the PC isn't powerful enough" to "the definitive version, on the PC!"

PostPosted: 05 Dec 2009, 10:21 

I'm PC-only. Not interested. Star Wars the Old Republic will have to bear my insatiable thirst for lightsabers.

PostPosted: 10 Dec 2009, 04:08 

I'm a PC. And I buy loads of crap.

I saw what you did :hide

I go for the PC only if its worth it. If not I wait for a price drop in the console version.

"I sense something, a presence I've not felt since......."

PostPosted: 01 Jan 2010, 10:56 

Bad port or not, the game's core gameplay mechanics are too simplistic to appeal to your average PC gamer

PostPosted: 01 Jan 2010, 22:18 

Bad port or not, the game's core gameplay mechanics are too simplistic to appeal to your average PC gamer

I don't particularly like hack n' slash games either, I don't even like God of War, but I made an exception here due to the well done Star Wars look and feel. It's not a great game but it can be enjoyable for Star Wars fans.

I take issue with the idea of it being "below" PC gamers as well, especially since the most popular PC games like Diablo 2 or Counterstrike are exceedingly simple in mechanics.

PostPosted: 02 Jan 2010, 12:05 

[quote]Bad port or not, the game's core gameplay mechanics are too simplistic to appeal to your average PC gamer

I don't particularly like hack n' slash games either, I don't even like God of War, but I made an exception here due to the well done Star Wars look and feel. It's not a great game but it can be enjoyable for Star Wars fans.

I take issue with the idea of it being "below" PC gamers as well, especially since the most popular PC games like Diablo 2 or Counterstrike are exceedingly simple in mechanics.

Counterstrike? Simple! OMG :twisted:

But it takes years to master counterstrike. One game is never enough.

PostPosted: 02 Jan 2010, 12:15 
Editors
Editors

There's no such thing as a 'simple' game, in the end. A game can have a simple premise (and therefore be easy to pick up) but be nightmarishly difficult to 'master', therefore not being a 'simple' game.

PostPosted: 02 Jan 2010, 15:39 

There's no such thing as a 'simple' game, in the end. A game can have a simple premise (and therefore be easy to pick up) but be nightmarishly difficult to 'master', therefore not being a 'simple' game.

e.g. Braid.