Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 04 Oct 2024, 05:29

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next
PostPosted: 23 Aug 2007, 13:18 
Editors
Editors

I made a smiley for it. :P

PostPosted: 23 Aug 2007, 13:23 
Editors
Editors

That's ace ... :lol:

PostPosted: 23 Aug 2007, 14:53 

haha! This is great...

(go figure...were all over digg with the hack and such, and we abandon it for TSGF!)

PostPosted: 23 Aug 2007, 15:22 

You really do need to post that in the 2K forums along with that very technical diagram. Let's all thanking 2K forums for letting all us Tallscreengamers finally have a voice in the community.

Can you please post this in the 2K forums. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE.

They need to see our gratification for this breakthrough.

I don't know if I have the mental fortitude to go back into that mess that is the 2K forums. There are over 100 pages of people trying to explain what widescreen gaming is. Some "get it", and many don't. If those eggheads can't understand the basic fundamentals of widescreen gaming, what in God's green Earth makes you think they would understand my complex chart? Can you imagine trying to introduce Tallscreen gaming while they are still trying to wrap their heads around widescreen gaming? Heads would certainly explode. I just figured you guys here could handle the "truth".

Anyone else can feel free to use the "complex chart" and post it wherever you like. But don't blame me if A)You get stuck explaining the chart to the laymen, or B) they call you an idiot.

And speaking of that,

Does anyone here have any questions either regarding my complex chart or Tallscreen gaming in general? I know that I just kinda threw all of this info in your face expecting you to take it all in and comprehend it. Hell, I don't think I even fully understand it.

PostPosted: 23 Aug 2007, 15:42 

I am LOUSY with drawing

Yeah...

Not everyone can draw up "complex charts" like I can. Notice my attention to detail when it came to drawing their eyes. I won't lie... It was no easy task.

By the way JohnnyWakko,

I did post my chart in the "widescreen thread of DOOOOM at the 2K forums".

Perhaps it will stop the flame wars for a few hours.

PostPosted: 23 Aug 2007, 15:58 

Wow 2kElizabeth closed that thread as I was in mid post.

That guy dandragonrage actually got mad at the chart. Doesn't he understand that I am on 2K's side here?

Here's his response to my chart:

"You, Sir, are a moron. No matter how you run the game, it is wider than it is tall. This has nothing to do with how widescreen is handled and it is NEVER comparable to your image. (Did you have your 3 year old cousin draw it for you, by the way?)

If watching this on your 30" LCDs from 6" away makes you all sick, then it's your own fault. No ordinary person gets sick from a zoomed in image. Really. Ask your friends if they get sick from it. That is, if you have any, because people like you are the kind of anal jerk that thinks he's always right that most people try to avoid."

Wha?!

No matter how I run the game? Does he not see my tallscreen gaming pics? I may not be an expert, but I think my screenies are taller than they are wide.

I was going to respond to him, but then the thread got locked.

Well, I guess this is appropriate. Paddy started that crazy thread at 2K, and Gabbo ended it. That thread is like a WSGF sandwich.

PostPosted: 23 Aug 2007, 16:14 

As the e-saying goes, this thread is made of legend and win. :D

PostPosted: 23 Aug 2007, 16:19 
Editors
Editors

Paddy started that crazy thread at 2K, and Gabbo ended it. That thread is like a WSGF sandwich.
... I like that ... :D

PostPosted: 23 Aug 2007, 18:17 

Hey, let's help the tallscreen cause.

Someone submitted this to Digg.

Digg away my verticular friends!

http://digg.com/gaming_news/Bioshock_Supports_Next_Gen_Tallscreen_gaming

PostPosted: 23 Aug 2007, 18:27 

posting in legendary thread

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next