Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 05 Jul 2024, 15:11

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 28 Aug 2007, 11:34 
Editors
Editors

I dont see how this is a really big deal.

If i understand right, Xbox players have there speed controlled via analog controls, and you want a walk/run toggle button for the pc where you dont have analog control with a keyboard/mouse.

However if I also understand correctly, if you plug in a 360 controller to the pc, you gain the same function.

Same controls = same functions... I dont see how this is unfair or a problem. Plus honestly I never use walk in a game, if it was walk only and no sprint... then I would be more upset.

They didnt code the game, or its menu's with a toggle button but it does have direct link to analog controls, honestly it does sound fair to me.

Its almost as if people are just looking for reasons to be upset or complane now, and the whole consol vs pc things is getting out of hand.

I am much more upset with all the rushed consol ports that are coded horribly on pc, lacking options, and poor performance when there shoudlnt be.

From what I can tell besides the lack of proper widescreen, they coded this game well and it runs great given how visually appealing it is.

If it was coded like Shadow Run you would need quad sli 8800gtx's and an overclocked quad core just to maybe get playable fps in this game. (and that game has even worse support, and they... nvm I wont get into it, but that game is a true example of what should be boycotted or bashed)

PostPosted: 28 Aug 2007, 15:28 

I don't know if the mechanics of this game reduces noise while walking, but shouldn't you be allowed to sneak up on an enemy without them hearing you a mile away? I know there's a tonic for stuff like that, but still..

PostPosted: 31 Aug 2007, 21:43 

Ignoring all the "evil plot to force pc gamers to get excercise and run" :P details,

examining the config files it looks like it should be possible to implement a run toggle.

The movement speed is explicitly defined in user.ini and a quick glance at the file looks like it supports conditional evaluation, so it might be possible for someone to insert their own version of walk/run toggle (eg shift key).

I haven't examined it 100% though, but it is worth looking into for those interested.

Aggies