Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 07 Jul 2024, 16:04

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: The Witcher?
PostPosted: 28 Dec 2007, 01:55 

from what I read the english translation from the original ?polish? got majorly censored/butchered.

so far I've seen the witcher at best buy (no markings) and ncix (uncut+uncensored), I'm tempted to get both to a- support atari and b- compare the 2 then write an article blasting US censors for ruining it for Canada.

PostPosted: 28 Dec 2007, 12:21 

b- compare the 2 then write an article blasting US censors for ruining it for Canada.

I would like that, All I know is the censored version is like Manhunt 2 going into germany.

PostPosted: 02 Jan 2008, 16:10 
Editors
Editors

I picked this up.

Was amazed at the autodetect setting really high settings, that run fine on my 3400+ 7900GTO rig.

Also...

The Witcher wins the Paradigm Award for:

Best Game Since Planescape: Torment.

PostPosted: 07 Jan 2008, 07:08 

and ncix (uncut+uncensored),

What language is this?

PostPosted: 09 Jan 2008, 06:02 

What language is this?

I think it is actually the UK version.

It appears any English localization will not have the cut dialog. There are mods being developed to use the original Polish with English subtitles.

PostPosted: 09 Jan 2008, 06:03 

I think it is actually the UK version.

It appears any English localization will not have the cut dialog. There are mods being developed to use the original Polish with English subtitles.

Oh, OK. Thanks.

PostPosted: 09 Jan 2008, 06:31 
Insiders
Insiders

so far I've seen the witcher at best buy (no markings) and ncix (uncut+uncensored), I'm tempted to get both to a- support atari and b- compare the 2 then write an article blasting US censors for ruining it for Canada.

Well let us know how the report goes or how likely itll actually happen in the coming weeks. I've had my eyes on this ever since it popped up on this forum. But then hearing about the censorship made me pause before buying.

So anyway I'd really like to know if its worth any extra time and money buying the uncensored version, so consider me looking forward to your article.

According to the wikipedia article the only things changed were "conquest" cards and some shortened dialog (which was still "vulgar"). But my gut tells me there is probably more to it because you guys wouldn't be making such a fuss over just that, right?

PostPosted: 09 Jan 2008, 20:30 
Insiders
Insiders

Get it anyway, there are supposedly mods available that will uncensor the American version if you are concerned about seeing everything. Either way, censored or not the game is just as good :)

PostPosted: 10 Jan 2008, 01:18 

The game is definitely fun still, though I have noticed in some areas the dialogue sounds slightly out of place or silly even. Maybe it's just me.
I'm a little eager for that uncensor patch.. :o

PostPosted: 11 Jan 2008, 09:36 

I got the PC for Windows full game today...the Witcher. I'm liking it, wierd camera controls, wierd combat but used to it now, spectacular graphics, great storyline.

The standard rpg game with your standard do quests and lvl up and distribute attribute points etc... but the whole system is tight, brand new interface that is very very slick

This game came outta nowhere! I saw no advertising for this game at all, none. A game this good and no advertising WTF

This game uses alot of cut scenes and dialogue while you go about doing things. Alot of cut scenes, cinematic cut scenes, wow pretty nice to see for a change. Hope it stays like this for rest of the game.

So it's like you inside a movie playing a game, pretty cool

I run the game on Vista and it runs fine

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next