Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 10 Sep 2024, 16:30

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 45 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: 04 Sep 2009, 20:29 
Insiders
Insiders

What about Bring Down the Sky? And why is Pinnacle Station bad?

PostPosted: 04 Sep 2009, 21:38 

What about Bring Down the Sky?

BDTS is free. You have to authenticate your game with Bioware.

PostPosted: 05 Sep 2009, 04:03 

What about Bring Down the Sky? And why is Pinnacle Station bad?

Bring Down the Sky is great... it's like adding another story planet, for the most part. It has some cool moments, some cool action and you get some nice equipment.

Pinnacle Station has no story, no real new enviornments, it is simply and solely an arena for combat, and combat is not the highlight of Mass Effect.

PostPosted: 05 Sep 2009, 04:24 

indeed it isnt; mass effect only lives from its great story telling - though the story itself is somehow standard, with its new sheriff + friends fighting in western-movie style against old, corrupt sheriff. overall its lacking difficulty (even insane with a new char is way too simple compared to badurs gate) and you dont really have a squad but rather living meatshields to put between you and the enemy.
bringing down the sky was a good dlc, with a nice addition of a short sidestory and some rather challenging endfight in the station (you get fired upon from 360°). pinnacle station instead is pretty much lacking everything instead. no story, no challenge (at least in my opinion) nothing special making it worth the time. i definitely wont get it.

PostPosted: 08 Sep 2009, 20:26 
Insiders
Insiders

My game now has a General Protection Fault every time when I try to use the Prothean Skyway elevator on Feros. Since this is a plot necessary mission I cannot finish the game! Looking for solution on this problem led to some depressing discoveries:

Bioware has an issue with GPFs that hasn't been fixed in over 6 months. The latest patch did not fix the GPF issue

EA support (tech support for Mass Effect) has actually given up on someone's help ticket regarding crashing during cut scenes.

If you get a game breaking bug, you are advised to restart the entire game.

Some of the worst keyboard mapping ever. It is possible (easily!) to completely break the game interface by changing the default keys.

Bioware definitely has some shit programmers or QA. Anyone willing to lend me a hand? Could you load my save game, take the elevator, and resave? Or report if it also GPFs you? (I have the Steam version, 1.02, and BDtS installed if that matters for save games)

PostPosted: 08 Sep 2009, 20:51 

Bioware definitely has some shit programmers or QA. Anyone willing to lend me a hand? Could you load my save game, take the elevator, and resave? Or report if it also GPFs you? (I have the Steam version, 1.02, and BDtS installed if that matters for save games)

Bioware didn't port the game, Demiurge studios did. The recent 1.2 patch was Bioware taking back the game and trying to fix some of Demiurge's poor work, but they weren't able to fix much because, as they stated on their forum, they had a very limite patch budget and patch size requirement from EA.

Also, they are quite busy with three games (and more I bet) in the pipeline.

If you want to send me your save I can see what I can do... just take the elevator and save at the top, right? Email it to "dane macmahon AT yahoo DOT com" with no spaces.

PostPosted: 08 Sep 2009, 21:03 
Insiders
Insiders

Bioware was a private company whose management chose to sell to EA. They also chose who to do the porting, and not to develop for PC, yet sell it for PC anyway. Sorry, but Bioware is where the buck stops! If Wolfenstein is lousy, I blame iD not Raven.

Anyway rants aside, I'll send you the file. Thanks for any help you can give :)

PostPosted: 08 Sep 2009, 21:40 
Editors
Editors

I'd offer too, but I might not be able to get on it for a few days due to work commitments. Just shove it on the Insiders FTP and drop me a PM if you want.

PostPosted: 08 Sep 2009, 21:57 
Insiders
Insiders

I'll keep it in mind if SV can't help.

Anyone else find Geth Armor? I've got a few Geth Assault Rifles but their armor is something else.

PostPosted: 09 Sep 2009, 03:29 

Just got home from class... I have to eat something, then I will load the file and see what I can do.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 45 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next