Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 04 Jul 2024, 18:00

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 20 Mar 2011, 03:17 

They're probably "mass-produced" versions of the suit from the first two games, since this "Crysis" is now on a global scale. The suit from the first two games is probably a prototype made specifically for Prophet and his team.

That's fine, but creating a fluffy story to give some reason doesn't remove the boredom that I experience from playing a generic FPS. The suit pretty much does nothing special anymore. So why did they bother calling it Crysis2? May as well called it "Generysis".

The only ray of light is that the game becomes moddable, and someone digitally attaches some BALLS back into the game.

In the meantime, I will keep waiting for BF3, but I ain't holding my breath. I now can't remember 1 port that I have played that hasn't been severely "nackered" from the experience.

PostPosted: 20 Mar 2011, 22:06 
Insiders
Insiders

BF3 will have a port all right.. the console version will be ported from PC for a change.

PostPosted: 21 Mar 2011, 10:51 

BF3 will have a port all right.. the console version will be ported from PC for a change.

I will believe that when I see it. I certainly won't be suckered into pre ordering ever again. I will wait for the reviews and forums feedback first.

PostPosted: 23 Mar 2011, 17:59 

The proplem with the multiplayer is that it is so slow paced. And what were Crytek thinking when they desided to put minimal player counts to "huge" maps. Camping isn't an effective tactic even in stealth mode as never actually encounter any enemy forces (eg. 6 guys). In crysis 1 there were actual diffrences between modes. Fast was "fast", Strong was op, Steath was sneaky and Armor was most useful. In this CoN (Call of Nanosuit) there all in one -mode (aka no modes at all).

Lets just hope singleplayer isn't as raped as multiplayer by consoles.

PostPosted: 24 Mar 2011, 00:55 
Insiders
Insiders

It is. THere's even the "press X to see something AWESOME!!!" button for pre-spcripted takedowns.

PostPosted: 24 Mar 2011, 10:24 

The proplem with the multiplayer is that it is so slow paced. And what were Crytek thinking when they desided to put minimal player counts to "huge" maps. Camping isn't an effective tactic even in stealth mode as never actually encounter any enemy forces (eg. 6 guys). In crysis 1 there were actual diffrences between modes. Fast was "fast", Strong was op, Steath was sneaky and Armor was most useful. In this CoN (Call of Nanosuit) there all in one -mode (aka no modes at all).

Agreez. I aint buyin it no honkey grey meat mofo port.

PostPosted: 24 Mar 2011, 22:06 
Editors
Editors

Must say, Kyle needs to tell us what he really thinks:
http://www.hardocp.com/news/2011/03/23/crysis_2_pretty_much_sucks_sloppy

Day-um.

PostPosted: 25 Mar 2011, 02:41 

Must say, Kyle needs to tell us what he really thinks:
http://www.hardocp.com/news/2011/03/23/crysis_2_pretty_much_sucks_sloppy

Day-um.
Said that in the other Crysis 2 thread, LOL.
Kyle Bennett over at [H]ardOCP tells us what he really thinks.
After Crytek wooed us saying the console versions wouldn't affect the PC version... MAXIMUM console.

PostPosted: 25 Mar 2011, 06:20 
Insiders
Insiders

After Crytek wooed us saying the console versions wouldn't affect the PC version... MAXIMUM console.

Funny interview with crytek CEO. Even he says consoles would limit the game. I guess they changed their mind when the $$$$ started rolling in for console FPS.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AVsT4D2_VTI&feature=player_embedded