Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 25 Sep 2024, 17:21

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 101 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 11  Next
PostPosted: 02 Jan 2007, 22:43 
Editors
Editors

Anyway....

More new Crysis screens released by EA (I hate having to say EA :( booo)

http://www.gamershell.com/screenpop.php?id=236210

Keep clicking till they become familiar ;)

Follow me on twitter: @theg00seberry and find me on Steam

PostPosted: 04 Jan 2007, 19:57 

Crytek videointerview "Crysis auf RTL 2" with 3 interesting things to mention:

1, widescreen support (reporter plays the game on widescreen monitor)
2, glimpse of gameplay in frozen environement (yes, for the first time ever, so far it was visible on few screenshots only)
3, no sound in interview

here http://www.myvideo.de/watch/553434

PostPosted: 04 Jan 2007, 21:46 

THX misadlouhy. Damn look at this 30" monster - I want it. :cry:
How can it run smooth on a 3007WFP? :lol:

PostPosted: 06 Jan 2007, 09:55 
Editors
Editors

New Crysis gameplay video here ... http://www.3dgamers.com/games/crysis/downloads/

Looks great ... 8)

I haven't found it anywhere else ... yet.

PostPosted: 06 Jan 2007, 14:39 
Editors
Editors

Waiting in line at 3dGamers :roll:

Meanwhile, for more HD vids of Crysis than you can shake a stick out take a looksie here

Turns out the video Paddy linked is there as well at http://www.crysis-online.com/video_downloader.php?dir=/video/SD/[Crysis-Online]%20Crysis%20Village%20Gameplay.mov if you dont have a 3dgamers sub.

*edit** OMG that new vid looks incredible. I actually said F*CKING HELL the first time he activated speed. I want.

Follow me on twitter: @theg00seberry and find me on Steam

PostPosted: 07 Jan 2007, 15:32 

Good thing it's getting delayed. More time for people to upgrade their computers...

I'll probably upgrade my comp for Enemy Territory: Quake Wars I'll probably spend loads of time playing that. And if it comes out before Crysis, which it most definitely will, I should be sorted for Crysis too. But I won't upgrade my comp JUST for Crysis... I mean, it'll probably only be entertaining for like 20 hours or so.

PostPosted: 07 Jan 2007, 17:14 

Good thing it's getting delayed. More time for people to upgrade their computers...

I'll probably upgrade my comp for Enemy Territory: Quake Wars I'll probably spend loads of time playing that. And if it comes out before Crysis, which it most definitely will, I should be sorted for Crysis too. But I won't upgrade my comp JUST for Crysis... I mean, it'll probably only be entertaining for like 20 hours or so.

I hope for entertaining multiplayer, in my opinion it will be entertaining very much for quite a long time because multiplayer videos look fantastic and Power Struggle mode sounds promising to me. Of course you will be able to choose between playing Crysis, ETQW or UT2007 or just another MMO game, but Crysis will definitively be solid gaming multiplayer experience itself, i do not doubt that. It is gonna rock on both sides - singleplayer&multiplayer. Known multiplayer modes - Deathmatch, Team deathmatch (both include nanosuit and tactical ammo), Capture the Flag and Team Power Struggle. You will be able to buy vehicles, factories (??) in Power Struggle and you will combine f.e. alien INVISIBLE technology with your vehicle to make your brand new tank disapear from your enemy'sight. :D

PostPosted: 07 Jan 2007, 20:03 

Well, maybe...

I like FPS games set in a jungle environment, but FarCry's multiplayer was quite bare. It felt like a just a thing the developers implemented so that they had that on their features list. Truly great online shooters (such as Counter-Strike, Quake, Team Fortress, Enemy Territory, and dare I say Battlefield, even though I don't respect that game) take years of fine-tuning and testing to get right. I really don't see a singleplayer-focused project funded by EA that much time allocated for multiplayer polishing.

PostPosted: 08 Jan 2007, 12:36 

Crysis CES 2007 videos, links on
http://www.incrysis.com/

PostPosted: 09 Jan 2007, 14:50 

I just saw those videos of the CES footage. The game is looking really good. It looks ready for release to me. I wonder why the game is delayed... :?:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 101 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 11  Next