Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 08 Jul 2024, 14:14

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: 29 Jun 2007, 06:01 

I don't know about you guys, but I'm honored it's based off my city. One of the nice things about Spiderman 2 was the ability to swing through familiar territory. I guess I could see where 'mapping' out New York could be a problem, but I think it's safe overall. Politicians getting their panties in a bunch is nothing new; they're just trying to look smart and follow the in-crowd.

I enjoyed the GTA3 series...usually; they really need to bring something new to the table. I think they've tired me out with the whole sandbox genre (I can barely touch Saint's Row and Crackdown). Here's hoping the NYC gimmick will spark my interest long enough.

PostPosted: 29 Jun 2007, 09:37 
Insiders
Insiders

Looking better all the time.

ANyone notice how damned slow the framerates are in a few of those scenes? I'm sure it'll get optimised a bit for those stinkin' consoles, but if not, YAY PC's!

Any word of PC version? arg.

PostPosted: 29 Jun 2007, 11:08 

They'll probably do what they did for San Andreas, release the console versions first then the PC version about half a year later. I don't think the PC has died out as a gaming platform quite yet ;)

PostPosted: 03 Aug 2007, 01:46 
Editors
Editors

GTA IV has been delayed until Take2's fiscal 2008 Q2, ending April 2008.

:(

But on a none wailing like a baby side, at least this should mean that they are making sure it's finished properly and as good as it can be!

Follow me on twitter: @theg00seberry and find me on Steam

PostPosted: 03 Aug 2007, 05:37 

What?! Well that sucks... oh well. :cry:

PostPosted: 03 Aug 2007, 09:32 

*nudge-nudge* Pssst, the reason for the delay is to add locked p0rn content into it :D

PostPosted: 04 Aug 2007, 01:11 
Insiders
Insiders

Or maybe so it can coicide with the PC release!

On that note, hearign this makes me fear that PC version will come even LATER than it would've before this pushback..

poo.

PostPosted: 04 Aug 2007, 19:37 
Editors
Editors

Zelnick (Take-Two exec) chalked up the Q2F [feb-april] 2008 push back to "almost strictly technological problems... not problems, but challenges."

Asked whether one console in particular was the root of the problem, Zelnick diplomatically responded that "I know there have been rumors in the marketplace about frame rate and some other issues. We don't think it's helpful or beneficial to go into exact details of what the technological issues are. We're pushing the envelope on both the platforms."
Having reviewed a build just a day prior to the announcement Take-Two felt that there was no way it could meet the game's October 16th release date.

Doesn't want to go into details....so i guess one of the consoles is giving problems. If storage, i'd guess the 360 having optional HD and just a DVD9 would be the problem, but mentioning framerates it could be the PS3 with its cell processor.

They should jus fook em off and release it for PC only instead!

and with ::TrueWS

:P

PostPosted: 05 Aug 2007, 15:17 

who cares what the politicans say? They won't buy it. It will be teens/adults...and we want liberty city. NYC is not safe anyways.

PostPosted: 06 Dec 2007, 18:23 
Editors
Editors

Buuuuuummppppp

3rd Trailer is released in a few hours (3pm EST)

http://www.rockstargames.com/IV/trailer_splash.html as usual.

I'm still really excited about this game, even though it's been delayed, and even though i won't be able to play it because i don't have a PS3 or 360, but I'm sure i'll find a way, or threaten them to release it on the PC NOW.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next