Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 03 Jul 2024, 04:01

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 805 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49 ... 81  Next
PostPosted: 22 Aug 2007, 21:33 

Just wanted to post that the fix works just fine for me in Vista, thank you so much for this!

Once again, a company has egg on their face because someone who does this in their spare time can come with a fix quicker than the people who made the game themselves.

I love it.

PostPosted: 22 Aug 2007, 21:36 

Wow.... you guys just freaking RULE!

Thanks! The experience is just SO much better on my 3007WFP-HC!

Thank you thank you thank you!!!!

Oh, I hosted the thumbnail myself to provide for overclock.net, but linked to the full image. Hope that's not a prob! ;) :p

Here is what Racer_S's hack does ... :D

PostPosted: 22 Aug 2007, 21:37 

It's like, we designed our game for the original 16:9 display, then when those new spiffy 4:3 "tall-screen" displays became popular, we decided to increase the vertical FOV so the people who spent their hard earned cash on this new 4:3 "tall-screen" technology don't get mad that they don't gain any vertical FOV.

No, it's like, "we designed the game for a particular horizontal FOV, because horizontal FOV is really what matters since most game environments are primarily horizontal. When formatting for a 4:3 screen, we could letterbox it to make it match the 16:9 we developed for...but why? We can render the 'under the black bars' portions just as easily as draw black bars. Might as well draw actual content."

And then the WS folks get their panties in a bunch, over what seems like a pretty reasonable decision to me.

Tamlin mod edit: Quote removed.

Also, a note to moderators -- it'd be nice if a gaming forum that wants to be considered credible didn't allow posts that openly advocate piracy.

Tamlin mod edit: We don't support piracy and have locked (and removed) many threads and posts due to such. People can refuse buying a game, but that doesn't justify stealing it.

I agree completely. The users here just took the whole situation out of context.

PostPosted: 22 Aug 2007, 21:37 

Well initially I was happy to just wait a little but now I don’t think I can be bothered, if anyone else used Steam to pre-order and your getting the “You cant activate till the 24thâ€

PostPosted: 22 Aug 2007, 21:46 
Editors
Editors

Wow.... you guys just freaking RULE!

Thanks! The experience is just SO much better on my 3007WFP-HC!

Thank you thank you thank you!!!!

Oh, I hosted the thumbnail myself to provide for overclock.net, but linked to the full image. Hope that's not a prob! ;) :p

[quote]Here is what Racer_S's hack does ... :D

It ok so long an you gave the WSGF a mention or a link back to us ... 8)

PostPosted: 22 Aug 2007, 21:49 

Tamlin mod edit: We don't support piracy and have locked (and removed) many threads and posts due to such. People can refuse buying a game, but that doesn't justify stealing it.

Awesome, thanks. Also, thanks for not stifling dissenting opinion (like it seems mine is). It's nice having a forum on the internet that's pretty civil even when folks disagree.

PostPosted: 22 Aug 2007, 21:50 

Guys, as promised:

Hehe, using this fix I was even able to get 1920x1200 widescreen on my 4:3 CRT - by running it in a window, while my desktop is 2048x1536, of course. The extra detail at the sides of the screen really helps to immerse me in the game (No, I am not playing on my desktop, I maximize the window when I play, which leaves a little bit of black bar syndrome lol). Love it.

CLICK TO ENLARGE (may need to click on the image again once you are linked to it, as it is a very big image)

8) Ok, I definitely want a widescreen display now.

PostPosted: 22 Aug 2007, 21:53 

Awesome, thanks. Also, thanks for not stifling dissenting opinion (like it seems mine is). It's nice having a forum on the internet that's pretty civil even when folks disagree.

Whatever idiot...

I kid! I kid!

:welcome

PostPosted: 22 Aug 2007, 21:55 

Gabbo, please be quiet, :lol:

Okay just don't start a flame war, and play nice :wink:

PostPosted: 22 Aug 2007, 21:56 

Is it possible to use the Racer tool with dx10 and vista x64? I would rather have dx10 rather then disable it for the tool to work.

Thanks!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 805 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49 ... 81  Next