Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 03 Jul 2024, 05:21

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 805 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50 ... 81  Next
PostPosted: 22 Aug 2007, 22:02 

Is it possible to use the Racer tool with dx10 and vista x64? I would rather have dx10 rather then disable it for the tool to work.

Thanks!

He's (Racer_S) working on it. Which is more than I can say for 2k.

Gabbo, please be quiet,

but...

but...

Where would this thread be without me? (It would probably be a LOT more concise and certainly 3-4 pages shorter)

PostPosted: 22 Aug 2007, 22:07 
Editors
Editors

I say go for it Gabbo ... go ... you make me laugh ...
I'm now only looking in here to see your posts ... :mrgreen:

PostPosted: 22 Aug 2007, 22:12 
Editors
Editors

Tamlin mod edit: We don't support piracy and have locked (and removed) many threads and posts due to such. People can refuse buying a game, but that doesn't justify stealing it.

Awesome, thanks. Also, thanks for not stifling dissenting opinion (like it seems mine is). It's nice having a forum on the internet that's pretty civil even when folks disagree.

No thanks for pointing it out! I must have missed that post in the heat of the moment. One of my moderator duties is to moderate posts that supports piracy, since they are against WSGF's policy. :)

We allow people to have different meanings. Anything less would make this forum worthless. As long as people behave, we don't interfere. :)

Widescreen support matters much to us. A game shouldn't only have proper resolution, but also proper FOV. As you can see on top right, we have our own FOV calculator even. If you look at our detailed reports, you'll see the difference between proper widescreen support and a game that only gives you the widescreen resolution:

http://www.widescreengamingforum.com/wiki/index.php/Master_Games_List_-_A

We are not crybabies that adresses these issues to get attention. All our work is so that widescreen gamers can get the most out of their games. Bioshock didn't support widescreens properly. Their standard FOV is ment for 4:3 users, not widescreen users. They feel its good enough apparently, we don't. But, they have taken us seriously and will provide us with a satisfactory solution I hope. :D

PostPosted: 22 Aug 2007, 22:17 
Editors
Editors

[quote]
Tamlin mod edit: We don't support piracy and have locked (and removed) many threads and posts due to such. People can refuse buying a game, but that doesn't justify stealing it.

Awesome, thanks. Also, thanks for not stifling dissenting opinion (like it seems mine is). It's nice having a forum on the internet that's pretty civil even when folks disagree.

Whatever idiot...

I kid! I kid!

:welcome

:usesparingly

If I didn't know you were actually kidding.... :lol:

Its not that I would have deleted your post... Just edit it a little bit while pretending that you were actually saying my little edit yourself... :twisted:

PostPosted: 22 Aug 2007, 22:26 

It ok so long an you gave the WSGF a mention or a link back to us ... 8)

Oh yeah, the thread links here, and the thumbnail I hosted links directly to the large one here.

Man, thanks so much for getting this done so quick! After seeing the whole debacle unravel, I stopped Bioshock about the point where the demo ends so I could wait for a fix, lo and behold, I got this tweak and I have played on!

I have a Dell 30" and set to 0.694x2 is freaking unbelievable.

PostPosted: 22 Aug 2007, 22:35 
Editors
Editors

[quote]It ok so long an you gave the WSGF a mention or a link back to us ... 8)

Oh yeah, the thread links here, and the thumbnail I hosted links directly to the large one here.

Man, thanks so much for getting this done so quick! After seeing the whole debacle unravel, I stopped Bioshock about the point where the demo ends so I could wait for a fix, lo and behold, I got this tweak and I have played on!

I have a Dell 30" and set to 0.694x2 is freaking unbelievable.Cool ... 8)

Glad your enjoying it ...

PostPosted: 22 Aug 2007, 22:41 

Updated to v1.1

http://dl.tocaedit.com/bioshockdFOV.zip

- Whats new in v1.1 on 8/22/07?
*added support for full retail version
*moved shift hotkey to CTRL
*fixed bug with demo

3 people in the IRC chat confirmed its working.

Your a god and if you are EVER in the greater Ottawa/Hull area (Canada)
give me a holler ! I'll buy you a beer,or your beverage of choice if you abstain from alcohol. :)

PostPosted: 22 Aug 2007, 22:42 

Can someone help me with the Steam version? I want to use the Racer hack, but I can't seem to figure out how to run with the dx9 or whatever. The game doens't show up in my Games Explorer, and when I drap it there I can't figure out how to do this.

Could we also put the Racer hack in the Bioshock thread, with a concise howto?

PostPosted: 22 Aug 2007, 22:46 

After seeing that Triple Head screenshot (and all the others) i really want a TripleHead too. :shock:

PostPosted: 22 Aug 2007, 22:47 

Another call for help on getting DX9 working. When I right-click on the shortcut, there's no option for DX9, nor do I see an option in the Compatibility section.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 805 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50 ... 81  Next