Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 05 Jul 2024, 14:49

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 805 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65 ... 81  Next
PostPosted: 24 Aug 2007, 22:13 

PostPosted: 24 Aug 2007, 22:17 
Editors
Editors

na ... I think they would be friends ...
Anyway ... enough we have strayed way of topic ... :P

PostPosted: 24 Aug 2007, 22:26 

First time poster here :)

Whats the latest on Vista32 with DX10 and AA? I have got S_Racers excellent hack to work so I have proper aspect ratio now without any zoom. Ideally tho I would like DX10 and some AA :)

PostPosted: 24 Aug 2007, 22:44 
Editors
Editors

Hey welcome to the forum ... 8)

Racer_S is finding it difficult to sort the DX10 issue ... he doesn't have a DX10 card.

And I might add he doesn't have a Widescreen ... :shock:

2K have kindly offered to send him an 8800 ... 8)

Hopefully he will have it sorted soon.

As for the AA ... that is out of our hands but take a look here ... http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=96966
and here ... http://forums.tweakguides.com/showthread.php?p=71850#post71850

PostPosted: 24 Aug 2007, 23:11 

http://forums.2kgames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7334

you guys might wanna comment on this, its such a lame argument its funny.

Well I just gave my two cents and now nobody is talking! Wow I must have that affect on people :)

PostPosted: 25 Aug 2007, 00:25 

http://forums.2kgames.com/forums/showthread.php?p=145233&posted=1#post145233

KEN LEVINE IN DISCUSSION (with me) on the widescreen issue and Chris Klines early comment about it's correct implementation!

PostPosted: 25 Aug 2007, 00:44 
Editors
Editors

http://forums.2kgames.com/forums/showthread.php?p=145233&posted=1#post145233

KEN LEVINE IN DISCUSSION (with me) on the widescreen issue and Chris Klines early comment about it's correct implementation!

This is major! :D Now we might get some explanation from the man himself!

PostPosted: 25 Aug 2007, 00:47 

He also comments further back in that thread about the DRM issue some more

We actually argued for a different copy protection scheme. We were pushing for another well know approach, but even if it was a bit less intrusive, I'm sure that would have had it's destractors.

But it is 2k's call, specifically Tim Perry, their technical director. I know very little about copy protection, I am primarily going off the fact that we are using Securom, something we've used before and I have literally dozens of games that include it on my machine. All I know is that securom hasn't damaged my machine as far as I can tell. Given my experience with securom, I think some of the reactions to the CP are a bit, well, emotional. But I also believe every paying customer has the right to be dissatisfied with what they bought. While I don't have any control over the process, I can empathize with a certain degree of frustration.

When we had the call on Freedom Force vs the 3rd Reich (the only game we self-published), we were under a lot of pressure to use StarForce. Jon and I talked about and decided it was not a good piece of software and we declined. We had sold European rights to a publisher and they chose to use it. We did not.

We were hit pretty hard by piracy on 3rd Reich. The game was cracked 3 weeks before it ship. Since Jon and I paid for that game develop literally out of our own pockets, that really hurt.

But I'm not really sure where I personally stand on copy protection. I know I'm entirely uncomfortable with something like StarForce.

And I'm not sure I'm comfortable with nothing.

However, my decisions are almost entirely creative. If you hate the gameplay, the story, the aesthetic, I'm your man. Copy protection is someone else's call.

However, we did sell the company to 2k, so if you want to ding us for that, you have the right. It's a decision we've generally been happy with. But I do wish the PC launch had gone smoother. I guess the best we can do is try to have more say in the process next time.

and his reply to me asking about chris's comment:

Here- I'll break the "silence" on Chris Kline:

He made a mistake. I'll get some more details when he gets back, but basically I'm sure he said what he thought the plan was at the time and we ended up going a different way. Hey, I once showed off teleportation.

That didn't make it in eitehr.

I'm sure he meant nothing by it, he just simply made a mistake.

PostPosted: 25 Aug 2007, 01:55 
Founder
Founder

graylantern,

I just replied to your post. Thanks for the suggestion. Didn't expect to see Ken show up in their forums. I sent him a PM and copied the email that I sent to Elizabeth regarding the issue, where I apologies for how this spun out of control, and said we'd love to help/partner with them in any way we could.

Thanks again... Ibrin

PostPosted: 25 Aug 2007, 02:38 

Ok I'm feeling just plain stupid, but after reading 24 pages I still can not find an answer as to what to do with the config.ini file created by bioshockdFOV.exe, I run it set it to 0.694,0.694 for a 16x10 screen great and then I close the program and a file config.ini is created.
Now what it sounds like I'm suppose to do something with the game loaded, but what it says press * (Shift-8) on my keyboard as I have no keypad (logitech). Nothing happens. Under Vista using Alt-Tab kills my game so I can not do that. What file or files can I edit to implement the patch?

Simply even starting the patch loading pressing * then saving exiting and restarting does nothing. I am in DirectX 9 mode as 10 will not even start-up

Also tried changing FovAngleDegrees=105.000000 in bioshock.ini with any change

Thanks,
ERIC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 805 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65 ... 81  Next