Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 05 Jul 2024, 15:03

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 805 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67 ... 81  Next
PostPosted: 25 Aug 2007, 08:49 
Insiders
Insiders

antivoid: DMA Address :(

PostPosted: 25 Aug 2007, 09:47 

Ken Levine talks to the PC Gamer folks about BioShock widescreen issues on their podcast: http://www.pcgamerpodcast.com/

Widescreen discussion starts about 20:00 minutes in and lasts for at least 5 minutes. He mentions Racer_S' fix, the upcoming widescreen patch, etc.

Unfortunately it's a phone interview and very bad quality / kinda hard to listen to.

PostPosted: 25 Aug 2007, 10:19 
Editors
Editors

I listened ...

On the whole nothing new on the Widescreen issue but Ken did promise the Widescreen issue will be fixed ... but no time scale ...

Kudos to them for "hearing" the widescreen community even if it isn't the way they "designed" the game.

PostPosted: 25 Aug 2007, 11:33 

Grats to everyone involved with the patch, and getting 2K's official attention/resolution of the issue!

Hopefully other developers (EA...) will take 2K's example and support widescreen gamers better in the future?

PostPosted: 25 Aug 2007, 12:26 
Editors
Editors

[quote]graylantern,

I just replied to your post. Thanks for the suggestion. Didn't expect to see Ken show up in their forums. I sent him a PM and copied the email that I sent to Elizabeth regarding the issue, where I apologies for how this spun out of control, and said we'd love to help/partner with them in any way we could.

Thanks again... Ibrin

Cheers,

Good to see Ken take you (and widescreen support) seriously enough to do the whole PM thing with ya.

I hope Ken realises the only reason it 'spun out of control' was because of the trolls who dragged the situation out. As we know there was never a question in our minds about the problem we just wanted to make our voice heard and wait for a rational reply. Many people without a problem just didn't seem happy letting us do that in a calm and direct manner.

And that is the problem with blind devotees who will never hear a bad word said about 'their favourite game' they jump on every problem that is reported as if we make this shit up for the hell of it.

A relief it's all (being) sorted and you/paddy and Racer_s get some well deserved attention, and WSG (which I've visited for ages even before I was a widescreen gamer) is put on the map a bit more to give a voice to the issues that wouldn't be issues if people checked their WS implementations.

As much as I nagged and nagged about the issue, I doubt It would have been taken seriously without WSG and RACER_S's 'fix' to highlight it and back it up.

I guess no company likes there being a 'fix' out for their game that they didn't make because it shows somewhere to some people somthing *is* broken and that could be a large part of why they bothered listening.

Thanks all, it's been a 'fun' couple of days.

You've done a good job fighting off the trolls at 2kgames who had no issues and only partisipated for arguing sake. Those people created much more negativity and camps around these issues then was frankly nessesary. Our goal was never for this to become a flamewar between people with issues and trolls, but for 2kgames to recognize the issues and deal with them. This 2Kgames have done with promising an upcoming patch and many have pulled out of the discussion over there, since the goal has been achieved.
I see the trolls are still active there trying to add fuel to a war that they created themselves. I'm from Norway, which have trolls as a part of folklore for centuries. We say: "don't feed the trolls!". :lol:
Everyone still over there arguing with those people, just pull out with dignity and leave them discussing with themselves. Its not that they don't understand people have issues, its just that they don't want to understand. 2Kgames understood and dealt with it, and thats the only important people over there that needed to understand this.

Cheers! :D

PostPosted: 25 Aug 2007, 13:09 

Hey the story made it to Jeff Atwood's Coding Horror blog:
http://www.codinghorror.com/blog/archives/000937.html

He has a nice picture describing Line of Sight and Point of View.
Check it out...

PostPosted: 25 Aug 2007, 14:01 

Hey the story made it to Jeff Atwood's Coding Horror blog:
http://www.codinghorror.com/blog/archives/000937.html

He has a nice picture describing Line of Sight and Point of View.
Check it out...

great link :D

PostPosted: 25 Aug 2007, 18:36 
Insiders
Insiders

update!

- Whats new in v1.2 on 8/25/07?
*added support for directx 10 mode

http://dl.tocaedit.com/bioshockdFOV.zip

only paddy tested it, so let me know if it works for you

PostPosted: 25 Aug 2007, 18:52 

Testing on Vista 32 and working like a charm so far!

Racer, you are DA MAN! :)

PostPosted: 25 Aug 2007, 18:59 

Thanks Racer_S! It works!

Edit: The distortion I was seeing was intended distortion of the wooden beams in the Farmer's Market area. ;)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 805 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67 ... 81  Next