Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 12 Aug 2024, 06:01

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 28 Nov 2009, 14:51 

Apparently it came out on November 3rd but I haven't seen it mentioned around here?

Has anyone played it?

PostPosted: 28 Nov 2009, 16:28 
Administrators
Administrators

Dunno, I broke a sweat playing it on Wii.

PostPosted: 28 Nov 2009, 16:40 

I played it. Even finished it. It's utter crap (imo). Bad portjob. But you will probably like it if you are into star wars and such. But i was hoping on a more Jedi Knight 2 Jedi Outcast experience. I was dissapointed.

PostPosted: 28 Nov 2009, 17:29 
Founder
Founder

I played the original on 360. Couldn't get past the Star Destroyer sequence. Never would line up properly. What is the WS and TH/EF support like?

PostPosted: 28 Nov 2009, 18:19 
Editors
Editors

Sweetz should be writing a Detailed Report as we speak ;)
Widescreen : native Hor+
Surround : edit, Hor+

I'll post screenies in the Request/Discuss area right away.

On consoles this is probably one of the few action games with convincing physics and lots of destructible objects. On the PC however it's just a bad port - with good production value though : it's still Lucasarts stuff. I wish they'd stop producing this kind of botched ports and start working on kickass FPSs again someday...

PostPosted: 28 Nov 2009, 19:17 

I don't like hack n slash games but the well done Star Wars feel and good graphics got me through it on console.

I'll get the PC version when it's cheaper just to see the difference and see those graphics at higher res. I wish it was on Steam.

PostPosted: 29 Nov 2009, 02:29 
Insiders
Insiders

It's really straight-forward. Moreso than the Jedi Academy games. One of those "fine on console but lame on PC" games. Quite clearly a lazy port, but it runs well and looks alright. And it handles WS properly.

PostPosted: 29 Nov 2009, 20:31 

I played the original on 360. Couldn't get past the Star Destroyer sequence. Never would line up properly. What is the WS and TH/EF support like?

That part was pretty annoying, but you have to keep doing it until it lands (can take a while esp. if you're screwing up). Quite lame, yes. Turned a scene that could've been epic into something really tedious and even frustrating.

PostPosted: 01 Dec 2009, 10:37 
Editors
Editors

Ok, game is a bad port.
On the bright side though, you can freely customize your character with countless models, lightsaber colors and stuff. Exactly like big silly hats & head models in SW Republic Heroes, it feels like profanating the holy Star Wars universe, only in a funny way - whereas the games themselves do it in the most outrageous fashion i.e by getting on your nerves. The games don't take themselves too seriously which saves them from being just plain bad/broken/boring rip-offs.
Still, do not buy at full release-day price. :!:

PostPosted: 02 Dec 2009, 00:07 

Rough port or not I would think PC-only gamers would jump all over it. The complete lack of enthusiasm tells me PC-only gamers are few and far between.