Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 21 Aug 2024, 07:23

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 78 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
 Post subject: Mass Effect 2
PostPosted: 23 Jan 2010, 23:05 

Next week.

Am privately terrified that the HUD will stop scaling at 1280x720 like Dragon Age making it unplayable on my current system.

Other than that, go Bioware.

Post subject: Re: Mass Effect 2
PostPosted: 23 Jan 2010, 23:08 
Insiders
Insiders

I'm hoping for surround support.

PostPosted: 23 Jan 2010, 23:09 
Administrators
Administrators

I got Mass Effect 1 this weekend that i'll start playing on monday, but I would expect if the hud is fine in mass effect 1 it'll be fine in mass effect 2.

"Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality."

PostPosted: 23 Jan 2010, 23:30 

I'm hoping for surround support.

I am guessing it will have native support either like DA:O or like Dark Athena.

I got Mass Effect 1 this weekend that i'll start playing on monday, but I would expect if the hud is fine in mass effect 1 it'll be fine in mass effect 2.

Mass Effect was ported to PC by a different company. Bioware is doing ME2 as far as I know. Excluding Mass Effect, I have never seen a Bioware game with full HUD scaling (Maybe MDK2). Dragon Age is the only one I have seen with partial scaling.

PostPosted: 23 Jan 2010, 23:44 

Mass Effect was ported to PC by a different company. Bioware is doing ME2 as far as I know. Excluding Mass Effect, I have never seen a Bioware game with full HUD scaling (Maybe MDK2). Dragon Age is the only one I have seen with partial scaling.

ME and ME2 are the first (?) Bioware games on a third party engine though. (UE3)
It should function the same as ME1.

PostPosted: 24 Jan 2010, 00:12 

ME and ME2 are the first (?) Bioware games on a third party engine though. (UE3)
It should function the same as ME1.

If you get my hopes up, and then they get dashed. There will be consequences.

PostPosted: 24 Jan 2010, 06:27 

I have this preordered on amazon with release date shipping and they haven't sent it yet. Are they going to overnight it on Monday? They better, or I will pitch a fit!

Anyway, can't wait. I have heard from dirty filthy pirates that this one is even less of an RPG though... doesn't bother me really, I looked at the original as a shooter with RPG elements, but if it's less of an RPG than that it must barely be an RPG at all.

PostPosted: 24 Jan 2010, 08:19 

I have this preordered on amazon with release date shipping and they haven't sent it yet. Are they going to overnight it on Monday? They better, or I will pitch a fit!

Anyway, can't wait. I have heard from dirty filthy pirates that this one is even less of an RPG though... doesn't bother me really, I looked at the original as a shooter with RPG elements, but if it's less of an RPG than that it must barely be an RPG at all.

You didn't have to hear it from pirates ;) It has been known for a few months now based on early previews. Game journalists have gotten to sit down and play the first 90 minutes of it. And what I have heard isn't that they took away the RPG elements but built on the action elements, so its much more of a solid shooter than the original.

Now~ something that we have heard from pirates is its extremely poor Widescreen and Surround support. :x Worse than ME1... (Sorry Tanuki! :( )

PostPosted: 24 Jan 2010, 08:26 
Insiders
Insiders

Yeah. They knew the RPG part was great about ME1, but the biggest complaint people had with the game was how poor of a shooter it was. So for ME2, they left the RPG elements intact (and likely improved them), and then enhanced combat a whole lot more. This is why you see a lot more combat trailers probably.

Widescreen Fixer Twitter - https://twitter.com/widescreenfixer
Personal Twitter - https://twitter.com/davidrudie

PostPosted: 24 Jan 2010, 12:40 

Yeah. They knew the RPG part was great about ME1, but the biggest complaint people had with the game was how poor of a shooter it was. So for ME2, they left the RPG elements intact (and likely improved them), and then enhanced combat a whole lot more. This is why you see a lot more combat trailers probably.

I am hearing from dirty filthy pirates that they did remove RPG elements, not just improve shooter elements. For instance one told me you have half the number of skills and weapons do not have stats, just different functions.

This is all hearsay though, until shown otherwise, and honestly Mass Effect was such a shooter at heart anyway it doesn't bother me... I like shooters.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 78 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next