Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 20 May 2024, 16:54

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Hawken (Indie Mech game)
PostPosted: 01 Apr 2011, 02:46 

Until this afternoon, i didn't know this game even existed. Now, i want it very badly. I mean, just look at that trailer!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=udEAEARD-Fo&hd=1

PostPosted: 01 Apr 2011, 02:51 

I just read an article on it over at IGN, I requested multi Cpu support, Eyefinity gold cert. and DX11 support..

hey, a guy can have a dream can't he...

PostPosted: 01 Apr 2011, 04:05 

I just read an article on it over at IGN, I requested multi Cpu support, Eyefinity gold cert. and DX11 support..

hey, a guy can have a dream can't he...

The latest UDK is capable of all 3 of those.

PostPosted: 01 Apr 2011, 09:43 

Who's going to implement it given that it will almost double the production time to make the above for the PC and the short bus version for the console dullards..? I hope someone does, and if it's a good game I will support them like crazy but I doubt EA or Activision will allow one of there production houses to develop a PC specific title outside or in parallel with the console version, why that might cut into their $220 million profit from last year..

PostPosted: 01 Apr 2011, 19:14 

I remember playing the Armored Core series on the PlayStation back in the days and had some good times battling it out...good times. I just saw the the two footages of the work-in-progress. The graphic are pretty cool and great sound fx, so mechy.

I cant wait for this thing to to come out for the PC. I'm seeing that Xbox release was 31 Mar 2011. When it comes out I hope it's surround screen friendly. That said I would support these guys, look like a game I can have fun in.

Some game-play screens...

PostPosted: 01 Apr 2011, 22:13 

it has a very Aliens meets Anime ( Outlaw star/Vexille/Appleseed) feel to it, and yeah the sound engineering is awesome. I hope they make it 5.1 my Tritton 5.1 pro's would be SO happy...

I think my online pilots name for this game will be ' Vash the Stampede '

PostPosted: 12 Jun 2011, 17:13 

Just want to add a little update on this new mech combat fps.

Adhesive Games creator Hawken was spotted at E3 2011 and interviewed by G4. Hawken sets itself apart from traditional mech games as a first-person shooter that's multiplayer only. Art Dir. Khang Le treats Kevin Pereira and Candace Bailey to a gameplay demo of this indie game's maps, Siege mode, hints of RTS, and big robot mayhem.

Here is the link to the interview:
http://www.g4tv.com/videos/53603/Hawken-E3-Gameplay-Demo/

PostPosted: 12 Jun 2011, 18:21 

Bah, they lost me, when they said 'non configurable ' this is basically MW2 with a mech skin now. no interest any more.. I was SO excited for awhile. Might as well just play front mission evolved.

PostPosted: 13 Jun 2011, 18:54 

They need to stop saying HALO every time they are interviewed about this. Halo multiplayer is a retard game for console using children.

They have a year to make this game better then it appears to be.

Oh, haven't seen anything on multi-screen support for this BTW, The FOV is low which is a good thing. Keeps the scale looking realistic.

PostPosted: 27 Jul 2011, 11:12 

that looks like it will be a LOT of fun to me. yeah, customization is sweet thing to have for multiplayer games, but i don't think i would let that stop me from enjoying this game. also, i think it'll be a great deal more intense than MW could ever be (for the person who said it is like MW with mechs).