Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 07 Jul 2024, 17:09

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1475 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 132, 133, 134, 135, 136, 137, 138 ... 148  Next
PostPosted: 21 Sep 2013, 12:25 

Hi!

The latest patch for Dark Souls pretty much broke Widescreen Fixer program compatibility. I've been using the prog to play in 5:4 (instead of 16:9), but since the game has been patched, the game just crashes on startup, and even if it runs and the Fixer says the fix is applied, no change is seen (game runs in 16:9).

I tried using the new DSfix (made for the patch), then went back to the old one, tried various settings, but it didn't help. The only thing that fixed the problem is reverting to the old game exe files, but that's not really a solution.

Not sure what could be done, just thought I'd mention it. Cheers.

PostPosted: 21 Sep 2013, 16:33 

Dark Souls is also broken in triple screen :( soo sad.

My most played game in triple head, really hope you guys can fix it.

PostPosted: 29 Sep 2013, 01:54 

Hi new to the forums and really digging this widescreen fixer tool!

I've got it half working (literally)... I have a 2 monitor setup and want to play skyrim across the 2. I fire up the fixer then launch skyrim. It starts up gets the game launch screen, but only shows on my left monitor. I start the game and I get half the screen too? Not sure what I'm doing wrong, my setup is below.

MB: Sabertooth Z77
CPU: i5-3570K 3.4GHz
AMD: Radeon 6870
Display: Side by side Asus 1440x900

I've tried manually configuring 2 monitors and letting the fixer auto detect, both ways produce the same result. Is there some setup for windows or skyrim that is required too?

:cheers: :cheers:

PostPosted: 29 Sep 2013, 12:52 
Insiders
Insiders

With Skyrim, you have to set your desired resolution via an ini file edit to get it across both screens. Then, you have to run Widescreen Fixer to correct bugs in the UI when running on multiple screens.

I believe the ini file that needs to be edited is SkyrimPrefs.ini and you should change iSize H and iSize W to match your multiscreen resolution's height and width.

Alternatively, try using the Skyrim Launcher Options to reset your options to Default while you have your multiscreen resolution running. This should cause the Resolution field in the Options to go blank at Eyefinity and NVSurround resolutions. Leave the Resolution field blank and Skyrim should launch with your desktop resolution without having to edit the ini file. If the Resolution field does not go blank, but instead shows a single screen's resolution, it means that you're not running in an NVSurround or Eyefinity display group and would need to set one up and try again.

PostPosted: 29 Sep 2013, 22:25 

Bifurk8 wrote:
With Skyrim, you have to set your desired resolution via an ini file edit to get it across both screens. Then, you have to run Widescreen Fixer to correct bugs in the UI when running on multiple screens.

I believe the ini file that needs to be edited is SkyrimPrefs.ini and you should change iSize H and iSize W to match your multiscreen resolution's height and width.

Alternatively, try using the Skyrim Launcher Options to reset your options to Default while you have your multiscreen resolution running. This should cause the Resolution field in the Options to go blank at Eyefinity and NVSurround resolutions. Leave the Resolution field blank and Skyrim should launch with your desktop resolution without having to edit the ini file. If the Resolution field does not go blank, but instead shows a single screen's resolution, it means that you're not running in an NVSurround or Eyefinity display group and would need to set one up and try again.

Got it, thanks bro!

PostPosted: 08 Oct 2013, 05:20 

Since BioShock 2 has been updated to remove GFWL and insert Steamworks in its place, any chance that Helifax can put together an updated plugin for WSF that detects the Steamworks version? I've been wanting to play in a 21:9 AR, but the weapons/plasmid hand are too zoomed-in, and the objective arrow up top has been pushed offscreen due to the usual Unreal Engine BS.

PostPosted: 08 Oct 2013, 13:38 
Insiders
Insiders

Shockwave_S08 wrote:
Since BioShock 2 has been updated to remove GFWL and insert Steamworks in its place, any chance that Helifax can put together an updated plugin for WSF that detects the Steamworks version? I've been wanting to play in a 21:9 AR, but the weapons/plasmid hand are too zoomed-in, and the objective arrow up top has been pushed offscreen due to the usual Unreal Engine BS.

I didn't know they removed GFWL ;)) I will take a look at it;))

Edit: I've update the plugin. Grab the latest version from 3D Surround Gallery-> MY WSF Mods
and let me know if is working like before;))

Only website to show TRUE 3D Vision Surround Gaming Videos(viewable by anyone) only at
3D Vision Surround Gallery

E-mail and Paypal (for people who wants it): [email protected]

PostPosted: 14 Oct 2013, 23:48 

I can confirm that certain fixes created by Helifax do not work well with NVIDIA beta drivers (if at all), because when I downgraded to the latest WHQL version, all of a sudden, the BioShock 2 plugin is firing its righteous justice on all cylinders. It was a bit of a blunder on my part, and I sincerely apologize for not realizing it sooner. :doh:

PostPosted: 03 Nov 2013, 21:41 

hi i my screen does this when i use widescreen fixer for KOAR i can't fix it i use the origin release Image

PostPosted: 06 Nov 2013, 01:49 
Insiders
Insiders

Hello,

It's been some time since I've posted. I've been really busy with work since I took a promotion quite some time ago.

Not much progress has happened with Widescreen Fixer in all of that time. helifax continues to work on and support his own plugins. Hopefully we'll get them integrated directly soon enough. I do not own BF4 or CoD: Ghosts and at the moment I don't have the spare funds to spend on either game. If some very awesome and supportive people that want to see the game fixed wants to gift me a copy, I will gladly have my way with it. Until then everyone will have to wait for HaYDeN to fix it or until I can buy the games myself.

Thanks, and sorry for the lack of updates.

Widescreen Fixer Twitter - https://twitter.com/widescreenfixer
Personal Twitter - https://twitter.com/davidrudie

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1475 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 132, 133, 134, 135, 136, 137, 138 ... 148  Next