Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 16 Sep 2024, 09:57

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1252 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91 ... 126  Next
 Post subject: Re: Flawless Widescreen
PostPosted: 06 Nov 2014, 06:40 

Could Anybody please share the program with plugins ?

Diablo 3
Nfs rivals
Alien isolation
Wofenstein the new order
Trine 2

Or just the program, please sometime upload the program and send a link.

Does anyone know what happend to the server and owner?

Regards

PostPosted: 06 Nov 2014, 07:31 
Insiders
Insiders

For those that don't have the app here is my install 7 Zipped I have a Nvida rig so I am not sure if this will mess up anything it should work as is if it does not there is nothing I can do.

http://valcanized.com/ds2/

Right click on the file flawless.txt and save as

flawless.txt

When done downloading rename the extension to

flawless.7z

Open with 7 Zip

PostPosted: 06 Nov 2014, 08:14 

valcan_s wrote:
For those that don't have the app here is my install 7 Zipped I have a Nvida rig so I am not sure if this will mess up anything it should work as is if it does not there is nothing I can do.

flawless.txt

flawless.7z

Open with 7 Zip

Thanks for the app, but this is (unfortunately) useless without the server (that is not working now) that's needed to upload the necessary files that will match what games you have installed to this flawlesswidesreen (FW) app to your PC. Bottom line, the app is useless without the server. Until the server is back up there's no way this will work. Don't believe me? Try uninstalling FW and then reinstalling it and watch what happens. The same thing that happened to me, now nothing works. I should have never deleted this app cause I'd still have that UT3 file. So if you got it installed with your existing plugins, then just be happy with what you got until Hayden comes around (if he's okay and nothing is wrong with him) and helps us with putting the server back online.

Thank you...

PostPosted: 06 Nov 2014, 08:55 

Thanks so much for the file valcan - worked a treat
Punk - the plugin files are included in the 7z valcan provided under plugin cache - modules. All new ones seem to be included including alien isolation and ethan carter. No COD though.
I just copied them over and all is good.

Thanks again, and hope hayden is ok!

PostPosted: 06 Nov 2014, 12:09 
Insiders
Insiders

I'm not sure what's going on, but I'm unable to get on to Hayden to find out - so we are in the dark at the moment. Just a heads up for everyone though - the time and effort it takes to fix games and then implement it in a program that works and is user friendly like Flawless is a huge amount. For instance, Hayden spent hours on Evil Within and the game is barely playable on multi-monitor, that is also some of the downsides of our hobby.

Also it should be stated that the hours spent on fixing these games by Hayden and Helifax (and dopefish when he was around), is all in spare time, outside of their jobs and real life. Often I talk to Hayden and after fixing games he doesn't even play them because he gets fatigued at the site of them. So although donations aren't mandatory, I know for a fact that there are a lot of people that use the program and don't give back. It's just a little something to think about.

Most regulars to this site know what I'm talking about, and you really just have to look through some of the code of Hayden's program to realise the amount of work that goes into these fixes, and then potential re-fix if they are broken with patches. We need to be more proactive in reaching out to devs about surrround/eyefinity support while the game is being developed or around release, because as you can see - if these guys aren't fixing games, who is? I tried, and I'm useless - hence why I contribute to the guys and to this community.

PostPosted: 06 Nov 2014, 18:17 

Toothless Spoon wrote:
I'm not sure what's going on, but I'm unable to get on to Hayden to find out - so we are in the dark at the moment. Just a heads up for everyone though - the time and effort it takes to fix games and then implement it in a program that works and is user friendly like Flawless is a huge amount. For instance, Hayden spent hours on Evil Within and the game is barely playable on multi-monitor, that is also some of the downsides of our hobby.

Also it should be stated that the hours spent on fixing these games by Hayden and Helifax (and dopefish when he was around), is all in spare time, outside of their jobs and real life. Often I talk to Hayden and after fixing games he doesn't even play them because he gets fatigued at the site of them. So although donations aren't mandatory, I know for a fact that there are a lot of people that use the program and don't give back. It's just a little something to think about.

Most regulars to this site know what I'm talking about, and you really just have to look through some of the code of Hayden's program to realise the amount of work that goes into these fixes, and then potential re-fix if they are broken with patches. We need to be more proactive in reaching out to devs about surrround/eyefinity support while the game is being developed or around release, because as you can see - if these guys aren't fixing games, who is? I tried, and I'm useless - hence why I contribute to the guys and to this community.

I fully agree. I'd like to contribute but since Hayden's server is down I'm not going to, but as soon as it's up and running I will toss him some funds... ;)

PostPosted: 06 Nov 2014, 18:21 

aphidii wrote:
Thanks so much for the file valcan - worked a treat
Punk - the plugin files are included in the 7z valcan provided under plugin cache - modules. All new ones seem to be included including alien isolation and ethan carter. No COD though.
I just copied them over and all is good.

Thanks again, and hope hayden is ok!

Sorry, but I can't find this file, even when I uninstalled the app and reinstalled it. Also, can you please help me locate where this file is and how to upload it somehow to the FW app? Thank you...

Also, the FW logo for the desktop app no longer shows up. All I get is a some kind of old Windows 95 text icon of some kind. So that tells me something is messed up as a result of his server possibly being down.

PostPosted: 06 Nov 2014, 18:37 

Need to find out if Hayden needs help financially?

Hayden can you give us an insight?

I just donated 20.00 to Hayden. If you are reading this and have used his program you should too!!!

PostPosted: 06 Nov 2014, 19:14 

Thanx brah! Made my day. I can finally use my monitors again. BUt hey still one question, whats going on with hayden?

valcan_s wrote:

flawless.txt

flawless.7z

Open with 7 Zip

PostPosted: 07 Nov 2014, 00:00 

elmy wrote:
Need to find out if Hayden needs help financially?

Hayden can you give us an insight?

I just donated 20.00 to Hayden. If you are reading this and have used his program you should too!!!

I was thinking about donating earlier this week, however if I had and he called it quits, I would have been extremely angry. If this is just a hiccup, and it comes back online, I will definitely make a point of donating.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1252 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91 ... 126  Next