Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 07 Jul 2024, 19:05

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1252 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117 ... 126  Next
 Post subject: Re: Flawless Widescreen
PostPosted: 21 Jan 2016, 21:45 

cogwheel wrote:
Flawless Widescreen isn't working at all for me, and as far as I can tell it's a dll problem with FASM. I'm trying to use FW (x64 version) with Fallout 4 (thanks Bethesda for hardcoding so much stuff!), and once Fallout 4 starts up, FW appears to detect that, but almost immediately throws a "Could not open pipe to FASM" error in the status tab and I get a pair of error boxes from fasm_wrapper stating it can't find msvcr100.dll and msvcp100.dll, and subsequently does nothing for FO4. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Re-distributable Package (x64 version) multiple times, and checking for updates and installing those, and no changes to the errors. I've tried copy pasting the offending dlls into the FW directory, and while that changes the error message from fasm_wrapper ("The application was unable to start correctly (0xc000007b)"), I still get the "Could not open pipe" error from FW itself. Running FW as administrator makes no difference. I'm running Windows 10 x64 (very fresh install on a new computer, only one week old) and a AMD R9 390 if that matters.

My situation was very similar to yours.

My fix was deleting msvcr100.dll and msvcp100.dll from windows/system32 and windows/syswow64 folders. Then installing both the redistributable package for both the x86 and x64 versions.

PostPosted: 24 Jan 2016, 05:05 

I'm having an issue with Skyrim when I use Flawless widescreen at the same time as I have the mod Book Covers Skyrim installed. Having both at the same time causes the pages of all books to be blank.

I'm linking to the nexus page of the book covers skyrim mod. http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/35399/?

PostPosted: 26 Jan 2016, 14:35 

Hi. I am having problems with Fallout 4. In the console window I am getting the following:

http://oi63.tinypic.com/2hxlqwg.jpg

Is someone able to help me get it working properly? thanks

PostPosted: 09 Feb 2016, 00:06 

Is there any update on fixing starcraft 2?

Thank you for all your hard work!

PostPosted: 14 Feb 2016, 04:37 
I Donated
I Donated

I have search and scratched my head for a while...

FWS fixes "Murdered: Soul Suspect", in default dx11 Great, Thank You!

But, when using Steam and forcing -dx9 (helixmod S3D fix so must use dx9), FWS doesn't recognize the game running. I've tried the 32bit v of FWS, and looked in the FWS menus. Am I missing something, obviously, I need to tweak?

Thanks folks,

Rampage V Extreme w/5930K, 4.3Ghz
32gb G.Skill Ripsaw 4 Series DDR4 2400
3 x EVGA gtx 980 Hydro Copper
Win 7 Pro SP1
3 x BenQ XL2720Z DP
5960x1080 (bezel corrected)

PostPosted: 20 Feb 2016, 18:21 

Been using FWS since stumbling across it after getting an LG 34UM95 and have to say it's a great program and thanks for your work. Lately though I've been having this odd problem and not at all sure what is causing it.

The general scenario goes like this; launch FWS, startup Steam then Mod Organizer (Skyrim), start game and all is fine. Logout of game for whatever reason, then later start game again but the aspect ratio along with SKYUI are all wrong as though FWS is no longer working. I can tell something is wrong even before getting to the start game part as the Skyrim logo is way to big in comparison to how it looks when FWS is working correctly.

I have reinstalled FWS numerous times, reinstalled the Skyrim plugin in FWS numerous times, restart the machine, restarted, Steam and/or Mod Organizer, enabled/disabled/enabled all the individual fixes, verified the correct H and W in the ini Skyrim files are as they should be, and it still seems to be a hit or miss that FWS will work.

The puzzling part is after having it installed for a couple of months it worked just fine but within the past couple of weeks maybe three things have gone wonky and at this point even a couple of quarters can't buy me a clue what is wrong.

EDIT:

Well, think I finally figured out the problem. Turns out it appears to be PEBKAC. FWS status was showing a crapton of error code 5s. After some Google-fu, I started to notice many of the search returns mentioning things related to access permissions. Then it dawned on me, remove/reinstalling FWS coupled with having just enabling the administrator account and changing my account to a standard user. Well putting my account back as administrator and running the compatibility option for FWS those error code 5s went away and it now appears to be working as intended.

PostPosted: 24 Feb 2016, 23:58 

Firstly, thank you Hayden for creating such a great bit of software. (Donation sent!)

I have however been struggling to run a couple of games using your Flawless Widescreen to give me a better FOV. The first game was Command & Conquer Tiberium Wars, which I ended up removing my Origin version of it and installing it the old fashioned way (via DVD). After installing all the necessary updates etc, your magic worked perfectly. However, I still have problems with Red Alert 3. I have also installed this via DVD and updated it, but Flawless keeps telling me that it does not support the version I am running?

Can you or anyone help? I am at a loss with this.

Thanks.

PostPosted: 25 Feb 2016, 18:57 

I just got my first widescreen setup and I installed Flawless Widescreen to play Skyrim. I had considered using Minimal UI to fix the UI, but that doesn't address the other issues with Skyrim on widescreen. Flawless Widescreen does, and it's AWESOME!

Thank you so much for making this tool! I just donated to support your efforts.

Are you working on adding more games? I'd love to see UI fixes for the first Company of Heroes. ;)

PostPosted: 01 Mar 2016, 05:45 
I Donated
I Donated

I picked up Ori & the Blind Forest on the last Steam sale because I saw that it had a fix in Flawless Widescreen. I finally got around to loading it and lo & behold, the fix doesn't work anymore... I have the same issue with it converting to surround, but only displaying on the center panel. Any chance of updating this since a fix is already available? I tried the alternate script + all the suggestions in the post about alt tabbing in & out and all that jazz & it doesn't work....cool looking game...it would be really cool in surround!

| i7 3930K | 16GB Mushkin Redline 2133MHz | ASUS Rampage IV Formula | EVGA 2080ti SC ULTRA | EVGA Supernova 1200W PS | 2x Samsung EVO 500GB SSD RAID 0 | 2x IBM 520 SSD 240GB | Rosewill Blackhawk | 3x Acer Predator G-Sync 144MHz @ 7680x1440 |

PostPosted: 01 Mar 2016, 16:47 

I also had that problem earlier and the fix to my problem was that i wasn't using the 64 bit version of Flawless Widescreen.
After installing the 64 bit version and plugins i played it without any major problems :)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1252 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117 ... 126  Next