Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 05 Jul 2024, 20:37

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 15 Jan 2006, 14:56 
Editors
Editors

I guess. Except it comes with it by default. ;)

PostPosted: 09 Jun 2006, 22:19 

there sure doesn't seem to be very many native wide-screen savers

PostPosted: 20 Oct 2007, 06:56 
Insiders
Insiders

I always meant to post in here but never did but never got around to it. My 3 favorite screensavers for wide/multiple monitor setups are My Pictures slideshow, zMatrix, and UC3D's matrix one.

I don't think that My Pictures Slideshow needs any introduction as it comes with Windows by default.

zMatrixis a little app that pulls double duty as a desktop background app and a screensaver. It can do either of these functions together or independently of each other. Also, it uses very little system resources, and just looks fantastic when you get the settings just right. I don't have triplehead (yet) but I imagine that this would look absolutely amazing on 3 monitors.

UC3D is a screensaver app that manages multiple screensavers from the creator's website. There are only 2 of that I know work with multiple monitors but as far as I know they all work with widescreen. The matrix UC3D screensaver is very CPU and probably video card intensive however, so watch out. This screensaver may be more customizable than zMatrix, but it's still a toss up on which one would win for me.

PostPosted: 24 Oct 2007, 19:41 

Most 3planesoft screensaver have widescreen resolutions aswell and they do look very stunning . I like the koi one the best 8)

PostPosted: 20 Sep 2009, 08:15 

Found this site via Google the other day and have downloaded and now use the Hyperspace screensaver. It's AWESOME so I'd recommend giving them a try. The website is http://www.reallyslick.com/