Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 20 Aug 2024, 14:35

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1252 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52 ... 126  Next
PostPosted: 12 Nov 2012, 01:59 
Insiders
Insiders

Thank you for that detailed response.
Nox Deleo wrote:
With forcing the launcher to show, the game can crash intermittently on startup, so you may have to launch a few times before it finally goes through. If you've got more monitors extended in addition to your eyefinity group, you can disable the launcher force code to stop this annoyance (the launcher only shows by default if more than one display is detected, so straight eyefinity counts a 1 and thus the launcher doesn't show).
I see nowhere to change what you are talking about in the hack's menu, can you elaborate please? Image
I do have a projector that I use, but it is never enabled in the display settings when I'm trying to play the game. Although maybe somehow it can tell if it was enabled since the last system restart, I do switch between them.
Nox Deleo wrote:
- Can't climb (and possibly can't jump over walls) unless you do it once per startup with the fix disabled, then enable the fix.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NE55pxGvKqU
Already figured out there was no climbing or jumping over walls when I tried to get the Tec-9 off the roof of Sweet's House. Is there any hope of getting that fixed? Or will I just have to go without jumping and climbing? And what is this about starting the game without the fix enabled and turning it on after doing jumping? When I did that it started the game at 1280x1024 cloned on 3 screens and I was able to climb but after enabling the fix with alt+tab nothing happened. Starting the game with the fix enabled and then disabling it just disables the correct aspect ratio and CJ still can't climb.
Nox Deleo wrote:
- There's a mission where you and Smoke are up against some Russians in an indoor scene. The cutscene breaks with the fix enabled (someone doesn't reach a scripted spot, so it just carries on indefinately), so you need to disable the fix prior to this cutscene, and re-enable it afterwards.
- There's something off with the Chiliad challenge with the fix enabled. I can't remember specifically what it is, but if you get there and stuff is acting up, try turning it off.
- Oh, and as mentioned in the fix description, the skybox is a bit screwed.
All acceptable.
Nox Deleo wrote:
- Explosion radius is somehow keyed to aspect ratio, since in ultrawide resolutions, explosions are super wide along one plane. So watch out of those vehicle explosions - real pain when the riots start happening.
Just tried this, it didn't seem abnormal at all.

PostPosted: 12 Nov 2012, 12:16 

MobsterOO7 wrote:
I see nowhere to change what you are talking about in the hack's menu, can you elaborate please?
Sorry, I should have mentioned this is in the script FWS uses rather than a GUI switch, although it could do with being one really. Should be somewhere like C:\Program Files (x86)\Flawless Widescreen\PluginCache\FWS_Plugins\Modules\GTASA\Dependencies\Scripts.

Off the top of my head, to disable this, you would just need to comment out/remove the lines (these lines included) from:
local LauncherFix = HackTool:AddCodeCave("LauncherFix",2)
to:
LauncherFix:WriteData(0,LauncherFix:GetLength())

Like I said that's off the top of my head, so let me know if that doesn't do the job. Maybe Hayden could throw in a quick GUI switch when he's got a minute.

MobsterOO7 wrote:
I do have a projector that I use, but it is never enabled in the display settings when I'm trying to play the game. Although maybe somehow it can tell if it was enabled since the last system restart, I do switch between them.
Coolio, well if you don't get a launcher menu, you know what you need to turn on :).

MobsterOO7 wrote:
Already figured out there was no climbing or jumping over walls when I tried to get the Tec-9 off the roof of Sweet's House. Is there any hope of getting that fixed? Or will I just have to go without jumping and climbing? And what is this about starting the game without the fix enabled and turning it on after doing jumping? When I did that it started the game at 1280x1024 cloned on 3 screens and I was able to climb but after enabling the fix with alt+tab nothing happened. Starting the game with the fix enabled and then disabling it just disables the correct aspect ratio and CJ still can't climb.
I don't know about alt-tabbing, but I did it with the FWS hotkey (ctrl+alt+z I think). If you hit that when you spawn in momma J's house, then go outside and hop the little wooden fence outside the house, turn it back on and you should jump/climb just fine until you restart the game. Obviously you can use any half wall you can find when you load the game.

MobsterOO7 wrote:
Just tried this, it didn't seem abnormal at all.
Hmm...don't know why it was doing that on mine, but kudos...looks like you've avoided a really annoying issue.

Oh and I just remembered another issue, although if you don't get the explosion thing, maybe you'll avoid this one too: If you jump below a low overpass or something where it looks like you've got several meters clearance, and CJ moves like he's jumped where there's no room (he gets sorta knocked back), that's caused by the fix.

"Personally, I see it as a virtue - trying to make the world a slightly better place _without_ trying to impose your moral values on other people. You do whatever the h*ll rings your bell, I'm just an engineer who wants to make the best OS possible." - Linus Torvalds

Post subject: Re: Flawless Widescreen
PostPosted: 13 Nov 2012, 05:55 
Insiders
Insiders

Hayden, are you still working on Xcom (SKid mentioned it in one of his videos)?

cheers

Spoonie

PostPosted: 13 Nov 2012, 19:43 

HaYDeN wrote:
Pushed FWS_Plugins.fws (1.0.114)

- Updated The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim for v1.8.151.0
- Updated Tribes Ascend for v1.0.1141.*
- Added new module: FIFA 13

Hit "Update Plugins" or restart Flawless Widescreen.

Thanks for the Tribes fix. Hopefully they don't update the game for a while :)

PostPosted: 15 Nov 2012, 23:52 
Editors
Editors

Hayden, would you be able to spend any time with Natural Selection 2 ?

Would be great if the HUD was centered. As of right now the game enforces consistency, so you can't edit the lua to make changed to the HUD.

Last edited by Skid on 15 Nov 2012, 23:59, edited 1 time in total.
Corrected can to can't, after all I should know, I started a HUD area fix before I knew it wouldn't work.

PostPosted: 16 Nov 2012, 05:59 

CS:GO just pushed out 1.21.3
When you get a chance Hayden to update its plugin

Please & Much thanks again :cheers:

PostPosted: 16 Nov 2012, 11:54 
Insiders
Insiders

twitchyzeroo wrote:
CS:GO just pushed out 1.21.3
When you get a chance Hayden to update its plugin

Please & Much thanks again :cheers:

Same addresses as the previous version, I've updated it but haven't pushed, the existing version should be working just fine (we know that the SafeZone setting is no longer working, this was broken by Valve themselves)

Want to keep Flawless Widescreen alive? Donate Here

PostPosted: 16 Nov 2012, 13:44 
Insiders
Insiders

I've released the Call of Duty: Black Ops II fix.

This fix uses signature scanning and should support and automatically detect and fix all versions of the game, however I am unable to test anything other than Single Player (which works properly bar, a couple of minor hud issues in some instances)

The 4096 limitation comes disabled by default, but it's safety online is entirely unknown, in theory if your playing Single Player you can go into offline mode and it should be safe, or if your uber concerned, use a fixed EXE so that Steam is not involved - the fix changes a single integer, but it's in the executable part of the memory image, typically something that is avoided (but nobody has ever tested) when dealing with a VAC or heavily cheat-protected game.

With the 4096 fix disabled it should be as safe to use as every other CoD fix has been, (eg. safe)

As with all the fixes and use of Flawless Widescreen, please note I will not be held responsible for any short-comings.

Please do report back with any findings, positive or negative.

- One test user has reported that the behavior is incorrect on 3D vision based setups.
- Short demo showing unlocked width from SkaOnPC: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V03YcvB47z0

Last edited by HaYDeN on 16 Nov 2012, 13:54, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: 16 Nov 2012, 13:47 
Insiders
Insiders

Lastly - heading off to Singapore for 5 days for work related stuff, probably will be no further updates over the next week

May release a fix for Hitman: Absolution when it releases as the engine is the same as Sniper Challenge and I've already fixed that, time permitting.

PostPosted: 16 Nov 2012, 13:56 
Founder
Founder

With the fix released, can someone please provide a set of comparison screenshots?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1252 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52 ... 126  Next